• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Alcohol in homeopathic remedies

M

merrynb

Anthony William warns against alcohol in flower essences and homeopathic remedies, as it can be GMO corn grain alcohol. He recommends to avoid any remedies that contain alcohol or ethanol where possible.

Just wondering if you avoid alchol-containing remedies and essences? Is your preference to use pillules?

thanks

from Merryn

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so glad you asked this Merryn (and welcome to the forum BTW)!

Yes, I agree with AW. If you are not sure of the corn's (or any other foods) "pedigree" then best to avoid it.

That being said, this doesn't usually apply to homeopathic medicines here in the US (and I imagine that is also true for New Zealand and other parts of the world).

That is the case, because the typical starting vehicles for the homeopathic remedy are indeed pillules.

However, Dr. Hahnemann (a true scientific genius, chemist, MD and founder of homeopathy) strongly advised in his final edition (6th) of the Organon of Medicine that all medicines be given in water dilution.

And you are in charge of the purity of the water used.

Typically therefore we add the homeopathic pillule to the water and dose from there. This both allows you to control the source of the water as well as to follow Hahnemann's <strong>strong</strong> advice of modifying the dose by sucussing the solution prior to any redose of the medicine.

<a href="http://www.simillimum.com/education/little-library/homoeopathic-philosophy/tmd/article.php" rel="noopener" target="_blank">Click here</a> for Hahnemannian scholar David Little's excellent dosing primer. It discusses this dosing method in much greater detail.

You can't do that with a dry dose.

Hahnemann was a keen observer as well as a master clinician who could take 8 hours or more to evaluate a new patient! He even asked some patients, usually with difficult (or as Anthony would say, "mysterious") problems, to return for continued initial evaluations.

Needless to say, he was meticulous with everything. Dosing was no different.

Some of us that follow the rules of the 6th Organon do indeed dispense stock bottles of liquid. However this then gets further diluted by you in the water of your choice.

So yes, this is my overly long way of saying that although we do indeed preferentially dose in liquid, it should not contain any genetically modified ingredients.

More than you asked, but dry vs. wet dosing and Vitality and freshness of foods are two of my favorite topics.

I also highly recommend that you (or anyone) interested in learning more about this amazing healing art read Wenda Brewster O'Reilly's <a href="http://amzn.to/2GpprWp" rel="noopener" target="_blank">6th Organon</a>. It uses a translation by Steven Decker that makes this seminal work even more accessible to everyone.

No medical training needed to understand it.

I look forward to many more dosing and Organon discussions soon.

Thanks again for asking!

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome!

Feel free to add any other related questions to this thread, or just start another (as you already did!).

Have a great Sunday (is it indeed Sunday over there?).

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom