• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Aging and Cancer Reduction Strategies Using vitamin B3 (in People)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I had the privilege of speaking the other day with a researcher from Yale who now works at the Children's Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

We talked about cellular metabolism, energy and how to translate some of his amazing work in molecular biology and immunology for your pets.

In other posts I've discussed other energy-boosting supplements like Mitochondrial NRG from Designs for Health, d-ribose, carnitine, etc.

Another one that is readily-available is called NAD.

Watch the short video or read the page below for a deeper-dive into the science of NAD, aging, cancer and other molecular molecules like sirtuins and mTOR:

Here's more information on the B3 that boosts NAD and which a team of scientists developed:

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
It says in the articles that diet can provide NAD+. Is research available showing how much may be possible in a healthy, green diet? Increasing greens consumption through juicing? Also, How would obligate carnivores naturally attain NAD+ if not eating greens or milk or whatever foods it is found in? There is some in the bodies of their prey that takes care of their needs? Looking at my cat Sera who will be 19 in April, I know there has to be more to this than supplementation. I have always fed an appropriate diet but supplemented with meat/vegetable stocks which she craves, and rarely until now, nutritional supplements in capsule form. Sometimes she won't eat her food without the meat/vegetable stocks mixed in. I believe these stocks support her longevity but is there NAD+ in them?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes there is (natural NAD in the stocks and other food) Joan!

This an infographic from a useful article about sources of niacin (vit B3) which is used for building NAD:

Here's the infographic from that article:Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 3.11.33 PM.png

And another helpful one:Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 3.10.35 PM.png

Here's another helpful article about NAD that includes the cons as well as the pros of applying research findings to living beings:

However, translational research is also what helps modern medicine move forward with the awesome leaps and bounds seen in some surgeries, cancer treatments, etc.

VickiB

All-Access Member
Registered
I need some help with my dog, Bitsy, whose sarcoma has recurred. Her BEAM is 99%; she is a happy, well adjusted, active dog. I am looking for something that will slow down or stop the tumor growth. I have not pursued the suggestions from empower hours with my vet because she is mostly unavailable.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Vicki-

If you start a separate forum thread with more details about Bitsy we can figure out your next steps in there.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom