• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Accidentally gave feral cat another dose of homeopathic medicine way too soon. Is this an overdose?

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
I’m sorry to sound so frantic but it’s late here in Chicago and I can’t contact anyone at holistic actions at this hour.

I am worried because we gave a feral cat who has a punctured paw some hypericum 30 C homeopathic medicine (2 pellets) at 8 pm and the girl who is helping care for him misunderstood me and gave him another 2 pellets 2 hours later. Is he going to be okay? Dr. christina gave me this remedy recommendation. However, I read homeopathic guidelines for dosing say to wait six hours before you give another dose. I pray he will be OK. I think I need some reassurance! 🙏🏼💜🐈‍⬛🐾

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Linda @Dr. Barbara @Dr. Jessica @Dr. Leisl @Dr. Linda @Dr. Sara

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I think he'll be just fine:) This is not egregious enough, both in terms of frequency and potency, to cause an issue. Just don't give it again for a while - ideally, until you can clearly see if it has made a difference. Report back here on anything that seems related, good or bad. You have done no damage:)

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
No to worry, Anna. Homeopathy is very different from conventional drugs, and even herbs. While it can be deeply healing, there is very rarely an "overdose". Those guidelines were just that - one way to dose.

There is also no one right way to repeat the medicine. Maybe her intuition actually had her give it more often because it was needed. As you keep studying homeopathy and the perspective of the WHOLE and allowing nature to heal, you will see that there is rarely need to panic.

Generally we repeat a medicine frequently when an incident has just happened (and it depends on potency) - maybe 1 dose every 5 minutes. When it is a more chronic condition, less frequently. When definitely chronic, we wait to see the reaction of the individual to each dose before deciding to give it again. If you were dosing, you would carefully evaluate any changes. Since she is so new to this, we would have her give it twice a day again today. then report to us any changes. If some improvement, maybe wait a day.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom