• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

6 month Old Rescue Puppy was given too many vaccine doses

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Hello. We adopted a 6 month old rescue pup 2 days ago. When I was handed her health records, it was upsetting to see that the vet who administered her Health Certificate gave her an 2nd Rabies vx…12 days after her 1st Rabies shot was given. This vet checked the box saying it was a 1-year rabies shot, but recorded the name as “Nobivac 3 series 662609.” I googled it and it says this was a 3 year rabies shot (?). In addition, this vet also gave her an extra DHPP shot when she already had 3 DAPPV shots. (It seems the rescue misplaced the paperwork for her first vet visit, so this vet jacked her up). The rescue told me that this was harmless, but I disagree.

She is showing some allergy symptoms; sneezing, shaking her head, eye discharge, and she is scratching her skin a bit. She is 6 months old, was spayed on 7/13, is 7 pounds and most likely Chihuahua and some type of terrier (Cairn and/or Jack Russell). Is there anything that can and should be done regarding her receiving these additional vaccines (as well as the ones she received that were required)? I envision at least requesting a rabies titer next year instead of a shot, at a minimum. Thank you. @Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again Danielle!
Is there anything that can and should be done regarding her receiving these additional vaccines (as well as the ones she received that were required)?
The food and vitality upgrade are the best ways to help her body regain and maintain homeostasis.

Is she a happy pup? How are her allergies manifesting and how would you rate them on a 1-10 scale (with 10 being most severe)?
I envision at least requesting a rabies titer next year instead of a shot, at a minimum.
Yes!

There are also lots of other strategies, such as the Vaccine Detox flower essence from Jackson Galaxy, discussed in the vaccine ebook which is in your member area.

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Hi again Danielle!

The food and vitality upgrade are the best ways to help her body regain and maintain homeostasis.

Is she a happy pup? How are her allergies manifesting and how would you rate them on a 1-10 scale (with 10 being most severe)?

Yes!

There are also lots of other strategies, such as the Vaccine Detox flower essence from Jackson Galaxy, discussed in the vaccine ebook which is in your member area.
Thank you! I will check out the book. Yes, she is extremely happy! Sneezing and shaking her head: about a 5/10. She rubs her eyes most often, so about a 7/10. Scratching herself: 6/10. She does have extreme separation anxiety, though, & has escaped from 2 different pens and she barks and cries whenever I leave.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Danielle!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom