• Your logins to the main site and to this support forum are NOT the same. To get access to this forum, you must be a ALL-ACCESS member (register here). You will receive login information the day you register. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please use the Contact us form to send details to a forum administrator. For help with posting, see How-to Guides for Using this Forum. First time posting? Follow this posting guide

10 year old German Shepard with issues healing tooth extraction

KristineF

All Access Member

• name: Marley
  • Approximate age : 10
  • Sex: Male
  • Neutering status: Neutered
  • Breed: German Shepherd/Rhodesian Ridgeback
  • Approximate weight: 69 lbs
  • What's their BEAM : Relaxed and Lazy since not feeling well a little aggressive on walks
  • Diet: Home cooked meals ( Organic chicken thighs, organic Veg, Organic Wild caught Salmon )
  • Vaccination history: minimal ( nothing within the last 4 years)
  • Problem:. Marley got a tooth extracted a little more then a month ago and it's been a nightmare. He has a compromised immune system from Lyme's disease making healing hard . he also has been bit by a few ticks recently making things worse . He never showed signs of infection in his mouth I was just concerned of a broken tooth and scheduled extraction. 2 days prior to surgery he started dropping food and I knew he was in pain I went to the dog e.r and he was put on amoxicillin which I gave him hesitant yes but I was not willing to play around with infection. The antibiotics made his Lyme's and inflammation worse . The tooth was pulled we continued antibiotics until done . He had healed very very slowly and had struggled with sinus congestion and stomach issues on and off . He gets better a few days then worse again . I've cut out all fat out of his diet after realizing it made things worse . I've tried goldenseal tincture ( 1 ml 2 xday per directions) for a few days then stop because I don't like the side effects I read about but it does help it seems to wipe out the infection but it comes back . He has labored breathing when he lays down and just sounds so stuffy his vet is absolutely no help and I'm waiting on an appointment with a new one . His stomach issues are diarrhea sometimes when the infection seems to be bad . I just really need help he can't breathe and I need my boy back .
  • What make it worse: fat in the diet makes it worse
  • Has any diagnostic work been done? Market has had a chest x ray heart Ultrasound and CBC all coming back normal Diagnosis if available
  • Current and previous treatment: Amoxicillin for 14 days , Goldenseal tincture 1ml 2 x day for 4 days then stopped . Started again last night he got 2 dose in one day I'm hesitant to continue goldenseal but it's all I know of natural that works right now but I don't like what I read about it
  • Osteoarthritis, Lyme's .

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again Kristine!

Thanks for today's call and other info about Marley.

Here's the snuffle mat thread I mentioned:

And here's the ionbox negative ion generator thread:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom