• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How to Support Pono

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi- Pono is a 3.5 year old neutered male bernegoldendoodle. Socialization with other dogs has been a primary focus since he was attacked 2x in his younger life.
We moved from NY to Sedona AZ in May and Pono has been thriving attending Doggie daycare 3x week. Many of past issues have dissolved ( difficulty/picky eating and barrier frustration).
We returned to NY in September to help welcome our first grandchild. Pono had a number of tick bites but otherwise has been good. I have been sick since October.
Because the socialization increases his BEAM so much we have opted to give him the required bordetella vaccine most recent on Wednesday 11/17. Evening of 11/17 dosed with his constitutional remedy- Calc Carb 200C
On Thursday 11/18 he was in doggie daycare for longer than normal since I needed a medical procedure (hindsight not hinking clearly or a good choice in sequence of events) Friday he was a little low energy and by Friday evening he was limping and not putting any weight on is back left leg. Beam is fluctuating from very low to a little higher . Have been giving water and he has had little to eat. I treated initially with a few doses of aconite-little improvement. Dosed with constitutional this am.
In 2019 he had a bad case of kennel cough and had this same experience (can't recall if same leg). He needs to be carried out to pee and hasn't pooped in 1 day and 1/2.
I understand he has underlying issues that caused this response. Would like help with correct dosing and support.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Robin, I'm super glad to hear about the beneficial effects of happiness and socializing Pono in Sedona and am sorry to hear about his current challenge. :(

Have you taken his temp recently (this will help better define his lameness)?

Can you get him in to a local vet today or tomorrow?

In the meantime, you may want to hold off on dosing Calc.

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Robin, I'm super glad to hear about the beficial effects of happiness and socializing Pono in Sedona and am sorry to hear about his current challenge. :(

Have you taken his temp recently (this will help better define his lameness)?

Can you get him in to a local vet today or tomorrow?

In the meantime, you may want to hold off on dosing Calc.
Dr Jeff,
Thanks for replying. His temp is 101.9
We can take him to an emergency hospital. No guarantee we could get into Smith Ridge tomorrow. We are in Norwalk Ct can look up... Can you say what we would expect them to do?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh, cool!

VREC in Norwalk is 24/7 and is fine since all you really need is an exam and maybe some non-invasive diagnostics.

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff,
Thanks for replying. His temp is 101.9
We can take him to an emergency hospital. No guarantee we could get into Smith Ridge tomorrow. We are in Norwalk Ct can look up... Can you say what we would expect them to do?

Oh, cool!

VREC in Norwalk is 24/7 and is fine since all you really need is an exam and maybe some non-invasive diagnostics.Dr Jeff,

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff
We got Pono into Smith Ridge this am. Michelle met with Dr Seo. The lameness is the same leg injection was given. They feel it is related to underlying inflammation from Lyme and he is in pain. They are running new labs and a more detailed lyme. Injected traumeel and gave rx for Metacam and would like us to give him ledum.
Pono is clearly stiff, anxious at times from pain and uncomfortable.
We see you Wednesday but that seems like a longtime for him to be in discomfort. He is eating some and drinking. Any guidance would be appreciated

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Which injection Robin?

I'm sorry to hear about Pono's possible pain. :(

Are you flexible for a call tomorrow? Please let me know in a forum private conversation or call to the office.

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Which injection Robin?

I'm sorry to hear about Pono's possible pain. :(

Are you flexible for a call tomorrow? Please let me know in a forum private conversation or call to the office.

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff,
Originally received Bordetella in left back leg- same leg with lameness.
They gave him Traumeel by injection today and recommended a Lyme protocol using Ledum and Meta cam. We haven't given him either yet.
I will leave you message as not sure I can find "private conversation"!
Robin and Michelle

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How's Pono this am Robin?

Private conversations can be started by clicking the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum window just to the left of where it says "search".

I think @aruna has a video or further instructions about using it.

RobinM

All-Access Member
Registered
How's Pono this am Robin?

Private conversations can be started by clicking the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum window just to the left of where it says "search".

I think @aruna has a video or further instructions about using it.
Good Morning,
I thought I sent you a private conversation last night lol....Can you check?
Pono is quite stiff throughout spine and was holding right front leg up this am....panting on and off which for Pono usually indicates pain or anxiety. His beam is quite low but he gets better with the day usually - 6 pm is when he has been having more energy.
Ill check on private conversation

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom