• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Snuffling to Reduce Cancer (or other) Symptoms

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi @Dr. Jeff - Hope has been doing snuffle mat before bed time (seems like that's her preferred time slot) for the past few days. Each session runs from 10 to 30 minutes. She gets freeze dried treats. After each snuffle mat session, she would go to sleep. However, I'd hear her stomach gurgling and very occasionally, she would get up and pant and/or cough once or twice.

Freeze dried treats (by Souly's Raw and Small Batch) would be the only option for now due to her bad / loose teeth. [we're getting that fixed in a week or two.]

She's on home-cooked diet (steamed chicken or turkey with Green Juju or cooked vegetable) for now until she's more comfortable (she's been with us since 1/15/21) and her microbiome in balance. I will switch her to raw food diet later. She is on Enzyme + Pro & Pre biotic and occasionally she would have a little bit of raw goats milk (she does not like Answers goats milk). I give her about 1/2 tsp of bone broth a day.

My question is ... are the benefits of her doing snuffle mat outweigh her GI upset? Or should I hold off on that?

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Christine-

Wonderful work getting Hope up to snuff(ling)!

Yes, the benefits of increasing cellular energy outweigh her GI (and most individual) symptoms.

Symptoms can increase as her internal energy and vitality increase.

These symptoms represent her body's balancing and its improved ability to create symptoms. The "biggest" symptoms clues are often seen in the most vital animals (think of kids with high fevers or screaming from raging ear "infections")

Peggie

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! Thank you so much for this rec, Dr. Jeff. Paws5 Snuffle mat just arrived. Buried small bits of freeze-dried heart (welcome alternative to liver bits) and let Sparky have at. Much tail-wagging and exuberant sniffing. Who knew?!
Sparky thanks you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
snuffle mat screen image.png

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I have to get a snuffle mat...can't see my dog interested in seeds though :) would try freeze dried treats. However, are these made in China? I don't usually like buying off Amazon, trust issue.... Is there a trusted safe and truly nontoxic one since they have their noses in it. I heard some are ptalate free. Thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! Sunflower seeds only work well for highly food motivated dogs like Archie.

Freeze-dried treats are wonderful to use and there are lots of US companies.

Take a look at some offerings on this site:

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Yes! Sunflower seeds only work well for highly food motivated dogs like Archie.

Freeze-dried treats are wonderful to use and there are lots of US companies.

Take a look at some offerings on this site:

Oh good grief.... Just saw the Paw5 website and videos. Must get right away.My dogs will LOVE this and also like how it is made. Glad I joined this forum to find out so many great things. I am so excited. I want one for ME!! Will have fun making videos to send to friends. So, do I need one for EACH dog.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Are all the snuffle mats made the same? I ordered one from Paw5 (thought that was a link from this forum). I ordered Feb 19th and they are saying that it will ship March 8th... I wanted it for my dog's Gotcha Day on the 7th and thought that I ordered in plenty of time. Can anyone comment on this source and is there a different trusted source I could use. They will give me a refund. Thanks

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Are all the snuffle mats made the same? I ordered one from Paw5 (thought that was a link from this forum). I ordered Feb 19th and they are saying that it will ship March 8th... I wanted it for my dog's Gotcha Day on the 7th and thought that I ordered in plenty of time. Can anyone comment on this source and is there a different trusted source I could use. They will give me a refund. Thanks
Hi there - the mats by Paw5 were the only ones I found that are made of non-toxic materials. I believe other members here had purchased mats elsewhere.

BTW, I also got these snuffle balls for my girl and they're of very good quality 6 Snuffle Ball & Snuffle Star Foraging Dog Toy Cat Toy | Etsy

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom