• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Your Pets, Flu and COVID-19 ?

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
@KellyB -- I live alone as well and think about the things you're thinking about. Some things that I have set up that may be helpful:

I've set up an agreement with a friend to take ownership of my dog in case something ever happens to me. It's a written agreement with signatures. I chose her because I know she would find the best home for him if she couldn't keep him.

I carry a card in my wallet that states' my dog is home alone' in case I'm in an accident or something else happens. The card has the name and number of my pet sitters since they have keys to my house and can get in to take over care.

I also carry forms in my car that gives info about my dog, pet sitter info, vet info, etc., in case we're in an accident together.

While typing this I thought of printing out his pet sitter directions and keep them in them somewhere easy so they'd be available for anyone that needs to come in.

Kristen

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's a pamphlet about pets and COVID-19 from the FL and NY Dept. of Health:Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 6.13.26 PM.png

(Click the image to download this info sheet).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great tips Kristen, thanks for sharing. ?

I'd also add that its useful to have a copy of veterinary records on a USB key and to have a crate, food, and extra supplies on hand in case he needs to relocate.

On the USB key, also keep a list of supplements and any medications along with dosages and administering directions. It's a good idea to include the prescription from your veterinarian with the medications and your pet's to-go bag.?

Also, have proper identification: a collar with ID tag or microchip with current, up-to date contact information.?

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
Great tips Kristen, thanks for sharing.

I'd also add that its useful to have a copy of veterinary records on a USB key and to have a crate, food, and extra supplies on hand in case he needs to relocate.

On the USB key, also keep a list of supplements and any medications along with dosages and administering directions. It's a good idea to include the prescription from your veterinarian with the medications and your pet's to-go bag.

Also, have proper identification: a collar with ID tag or microchip with current, up-to date contact information.
Yes, all of this too! Good idea to put all of the info on a USB key. Thanks!

KellyB

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks so much for your input - some great suggestions! ?

Kelly

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Kelly!

Here are the resources that were discussed in today's COVID webinar:

Measures to Prevent and Control Infection in a Healthcare Setting
:

Who to Evaluate and Test for COVID-19; determining a suspected case:

How to Clean your office visited by patient Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19:

EPA recommended disinfectants:

Clinical Characteristics of 1099 pts in 552 hospitals, NEJM Feb 28, 2020:https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

Case Report Form for Person Under Investigation ( suspected case): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/pui-form.pdf

Total Cases, Euro Cases, Deaths and Recovered (updated daily):

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Another immune boosting supplement that is also research-proven to fight coronavirus, that was mentioned earlier in this thread, is licorice root extract:

beccak

All-Access Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Thank you for all that info Dr Feinman, it really helps!
I usually have a jar made in case we feel a bug coming on. :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Becca.

Here's some wise words from a holistic MD:

Coronavirus is nothing to take lightly. It is also nothing to panic about. Yes, some will get very sick from it. Keep in mind that people get sick from many things. Viruses can cause serious problems. To minimize your risk, follow the instructions I have outlined for you here.

For over 25 years my office, The Center for Holistic Medicine located in West Bloomfield, MI, has been effectively treating viral infections. The last few days I have seen the panic that is occurring: schools are closing, college students sent home, and all large events are being cancelled.

Rather than a time to panic, this is a time to reflect on our health care system and how to ensure that your immune system is ready to fight COVID-19 (the present coronavirus infection).

Conventional medicine’s approach to COVID-19 is suboptimal. They can offer hand washing and quarantining. That is about it. Really, it is pathetic!!

At my office, we are not worried about COVID-19. As I mentioned above, we have been successfully treating coronavirus, influenza, rhinovirus and many other viral flu-like illnesses since 1993. That is a long history.

The media and the Powers-That-Be would have you believe that this is the first-time coronavirus has ever infected humankind. That is simply not true.

In fact, about 20% of common colds are caused by…coronavirus. (1) It is important to know that coronaviruses have been around for hundreds of years. I know this strain is different, but all viruses change (mutate) on a yearly basis.

In fact, the influenza virus changes during every flu season. As I previously stated, I have been treating these viral changes for over 25 years.

My partners (Dr. Nusbaum, Dr Ng, Taylor Eason, NP & Jenny Drummond, PA) have all found success using natural therapies to enhance the body’s immune system as well as to kill viruses including flu-like viruses.

Today, I ordered intravenous hydrogen peroxide, vitamin C, ozone, and glutathione for my sick patients. I am confident these therapies will help them recover uneventfully. Keep in mind my partners and I have nearly 80 years of experience with these therapies! Not only do they work, they can be miraculous. Just ask our patients!

Intravenous nutrient therapies are wonderful treatments, but there are other oral natural therapies that are effective against viral infections including coronavirus. Vitamins A, C, and D along with iodine have proven benefit.

At the first sign of any illness, I suggest my patients take 100,000 U of vitamin A (NOT beta-carotene), 50,000 U of vitamin D3 and 5-10,000 mg of vitamin C per day for four days. Pregnant women should not take high doses of vitamins A and D. Vitamin C can be increased to bowel tolerance.

What else can you do? It is important to eat a healthy diet free of refined sugar, salt, oils, and flour.

And, perhaps the most important thing is to maintain optimal hydration. That means taking your weight in pounds, divide the number by two and the resultant number is the minimum amount of water to drink in ounces per day.

I cannot stress the importance of drinking optimal amounts of water.

I had my annual lecture last Saturday. My office manager, Ann, called me one week ago today and said she felt like she was getting sick. She started taking the above supplements (vitamins A, C, and D) and reported that next morning, “This stuff works. I feel totally normal. I am sure I was getting sick. I can’t believe how much better I feel.” We hear the same results from our patients on a daily basis.

It is too bad hospitals refuse to use natural therapies on sick patients. That is when a patient needs it the most.

Intravenous hydrogen peroxide, vitamin C and ozone should be done in every hospital across the United States.

But, don’t hold your breath for that to occur. Over 20 years ago when I rounded on patients in the hospital, I ordered a nutrient IV that contained vitamin C and minerals. Right after the order was registered, I received a call from the pharmacy department.

The head pharmacist told me that was not on the formulary. I replied, “I don’t care. I wrote the order and I expect it to be done. I know you have the ingredients in the hospital.” I was told I would have to contact the medical director and go in front of a committee to make my case.

The medical director called me later that day telling me that IV would never be allowed. I told him I would not admit any more patients to that hospital.

As Forrest Gump said, “That’s all I have to say about that.”

In addition to these great holistic actions, it's also important to spend as much time as possible outside and to expose your skin to sun and breathe deeply!

J

Jean Garner

Here's today's info from an MD homeopath:

The CDC has already publicized the main things we can and should do to protect both ourselves and everybody else, namely:

1) avoiding large crowds, postponing unnecessary travel, and keeping a safe distance from those you're in contact with

2) washing hands often with soap and water, and wiping off objects and surfaces in common use that you've touched or grasped

3) remembering not to touch nose, mouth, and face with your hands except when necessary

4) limiting contact with the elderly and those weakened by chronic diseases as much as possible

5) getting tested if you fall sick, covering nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough, and staying home if you test positive: all good, sensible precautions..

In addition, many physicians are recommending high doses of Vitamin C, say 3000 mg. daily for prophylaxis, and even more for the actual illness, with coughing and shortness of breath, at which point Dr. Brownstein suggests adding Vitamins A, D3, and iodine as well.

Homeopaths have had and continue to have great success treating epidemic diseases like cholera, yellow fever, measles, influenza, and flu, using a simple method that deserves much wider recognition and use.

Once about 20 or 25 cases have been investigated, one remedy will be found to fit around 75% of the cases, and is therefore designated as the basic remedy or genus epidemicus of the outbreak. It can then be given out prophylactically to people who are not yet sick, whether in the vicinity or recently exposed, and also to early cases. More advanced illness may call for other remedies.

In the US, too few cases have been seen and treated homeopathically to identify the main remedy; but colleagues in Hong Kong and Taiwan have had the most success with Gelsemium, followed by Bryonia and Eupatorium perfoliatum in advanced cases with their typical indications. For prophylaxis, they therefore recommend

Gelsemium
30C once a week in towns, rural areas, and neighborhoods far from those most seriously affected; and

in neighborhoods or crowded with many cases in the vicinity, Gelsemium 30C daily for seven days, and twice a week thereafter, until the outbreak is over.
THIS IS SUCH GREAT INFO! For dosing for people infected--such as with the Gelsemium 30c pellets, is one pellet under the tongue considered a dose? In other words, how do I take a Gelsemium 30c (or any homeopathy 30c) dose if in pellet form?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, it would be 1 dose.

Amy (my wife) who started prophylactic Bryonia 30c is doing it by adding 1 pellet to 1 cup of water which she keeps by her bedside and reuses every night.

She then succuss and takes a sip before bed.

Taking the remedy before bed also helps her sleep better.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's a frequently updated COVID website for CT residents.

Our stay at home order starts 3/23/20:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's some important info. and summary of conventional care prevention:

Playing with your pets and breathing fresh air deeply while you oak up the sun are not mentioned.

IMHO these are important for practicing proactive prevention in addition to eating fresh foods, especially fruits and veggies, and taking high doses, based on bowel tolerance, of vitamin C.

This is from the article which is below:

Dr. Mao in China treated about 50 patients with moderate to severe illness with intravenous vitamin C, using doses of 10-20 g a day for 7-10 days.

Here's what an MD, PhD in China has to say about vit. C:

Here is this doctor's summary video:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
A few night's ago at the beginning of attorney and broadcast journalist Ari Melber's TV show he shared these words:

The most important action to take right now is informed medical decision making.

Here are some other wise words from Ari:

...And while this is certainly a harrowing time for so many, it need not be a time for confusion, let alone panic. And here`s why. The facts and the
science provide a clear path for us right now
. There are facts that you can
gather that will guide your decisions in the days and weeks ahead...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Also, here's a post from Dr. Christina about a reliable homeopathy webinar taking place 3/22/20:

Here is a free webinar offered by Kim Elia's fantastic organization Whole Health Now. This 120 minute long online lecture (one hour on two different weekends) provides coverage of the corona pandemic from the valuable perspective of homeopaths, who are already successfully treating this illness in people. (There have not been any non-human cases, so no worries for our animals.) I highly recommend this and have signed up for it myself. <https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/113522782190011650>

Also, here's where you can purchase 96 hours of viewing time for a homeopathy film called Magic Pills, for $4.99! I've watched it and enjoyed it, back when I had to purchase tickets in a theatre (of course now that seems like a luxury.....!): <Magic Pills Movie>

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's some info. from the New England Journal of Medicine about how long the virus can be infective:

When someone coughs or sneezes, viral particles remain viable, or able to still infect people, in aerosols for at least three hours.

On plastic and stainless steel, viable virus could be detected after three days. On cardboard, the virus was not viable after 24 hours. On copper, it took 4 hours for the virus to become inactivated.

On stainless steel, it takes 5 hours 38 minutes for half of the virus particles to become inactive. On plastic, the half-life is 6 hours 49 minutes, researchers found.

On cardboard, the half-life was about three and a half hours, but the researchers said there was a lot of variability in those results “so we advise caution” interpreting that number.

The shortest survival time was on copper, where half the virus became inactivated within 46 minutes.

The full article can be found here:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I am reposting this thread from the homeopathy folder as it is important information to inform our decision-making during the pandemic:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's last week's ~2 hour webinar (intermittent lower quality audio) from an international panel of doctors about homeopathy, epidemics and COVID:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Please, please go outside with your pets tonight for a 20 minute sniff walk.

Let your pet sniff as much as s/he wants while you breathe deeply.

Take at least 50 HA! pranayama breaths while you stroll.

A HA! breath is a forceful exhalation and passive inhalation as when laughing hard, coughing or kapalbhati breathing in yoga.

Breathing exercises can improve your pulmonary function and immune systems so should reduce risk of hospitalization.

Thousands of people tested positive in NY yesterday and up to 13% of them will end up in the hospital from lung and breathing problems.covid hospitalizations.png

Please exercise your lungs while you exercise your pets!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom