• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What to give a cat

B

Bettina

Hey. I have two cats ( Jeff, you know my problem from previous thread)
I have started to give them raw meat. I have try different things, beef, lamb, duck, chicken and turkey. They love the duck, chicken and turkey, but they will not eat beef or lamb.

I buy a mix with where there are 70% meat in and 30% bones. And when I make food for my cats for example if I made 200 grams of food, I use 180 gram meat with bones and 20 gram organs.

The organs I buy is a mix with lamb heart kidney and liver or beef heart kidney and liver.
But when I add the organs to the meat, for example chicken, they don't want to eat it.

So now is my question. What should I add now, to make sure my cats gets what they should?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Bettina,
Each cat, just like each person, does have preferences, and they will change over time. That is one reason to continue to feed different proteins at different times. If you are not a vegetarian, you can offer whatever you are eating. If they now like something you offer (salmon, herring, beef, lamb, egg, dairy etc) you can try it in the next batch of food.

Because the organs are a mix, you may want to try each organ separately to see if they like some, but not all.

Even if they never eat beef or lamb, they are eating enough variety.

Dr. Jeff can address the proportions and maybe some supplements.

You 2 kitties are blessed to have you feeding them so well.
Dr. Christina

B

Bettina

Bettina,
Each cat, just like each person, does have preferences, and they will change over time. That is one reason to continue to feed different proteins at different times. If you are not a vegetarian, you can offer whatever you are eating. If they now like something you offer (salmon, herring, beef, lamb, egg, dairy etc) you can try it in the next batch of food.

Because the organs are a mix, you may want to try each organ separately to see if they like some, but not all.

Even if they never eat beef or lamb, they are eating enough variety.

Dr. Jeff can address the proportions and maybe some supplements.

You 2 kitties are blessed to have you feeding them so well.
Dr. Christina

Thanks for your answer.

I have now try to give chicken organs (hearts, kidney, Liver) they like that. It is enough different for them now? I give chicken, duck and turkey meat with bones and mix with the chicken organs.

B

Bettina

Thanks for your answer.

I have now try to give chicken organs (hearts, kidney, Liver) they like that. It is enough different for them now? I give chicken, duck and turkey meat with bones and mix with the chicken organs.
This is what my cats still get

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
That is fine for now, Bettina. Try introducing pieces of fish (especially sardines), eggs, dairy (raw goats milk or Answer's fermented goats milk) to see what else they may eat - just for fun. The more variety the better, even if not every day.

Is the liver organic? It is not as critical for the other organs. The liver can store toxins, so do not feed that (or not much) if not organic.
Dr. Christina

B

Bettina

That is fine for now, Bettina. Try introducing pieces of fish (especially sardines), eggs, dairy (raw goats milk or Answer's fermented goats milk) to see what else they may eat - just for fun. The more variety the better, even if not every day.

Is the liver organic? It is not as critical for the other organs. The liver can store toxins, so do not feed that (or not much) if not organic.
Dr. Christina
No its not organic. I will try avoid that so. Thanks for telling me ?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom