• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vitamins and minerals

F

Frances

Can someone recommend a good vitamin supplement that my 9 month old Maltese puppy will take with ease. As he has experienced health issues and recovering from surgery, our doctor and surgeon recommended he take vitamins due to his diet, which is rather bland right now. If he detects supplements in his food, he won't eat it. Our vet recommends Canine Red Cell , a vitamin and mineral supplant. I either syringe it or he laps it up as longs s it has shredded coconut added.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Frances.

A simple bland diet for a few week is usually not a problem, but if the restriction is for longer term, a multi-vit is a great idea.

Here are the Canine Red Cell (which I had never heard of) ingredients:344

Many of my clients use Rx Essentials for Dogs.

Start with just a pinch is your pup's food and he should not be turned off by it.

Another multi-vit supplement that is more food-based (which can be preferable) is Nutritional Support.

Both are from Rx Vitamins for Pets.

There are many good ones on the market so just see what your pup will eat.

If powders are not even worth trying, consider Amino B-Plex (also Rx Vitamins) or B-Plex plus potassium.

F

Frances

Thank you Dr Jeff for your suggestions. I do have another product, Vitality Blend, which you had suggested for my pup when I first joined. It is just filled with herbs and fruits. My dog doesn't mind that, and I just began researching the other multi Vit 's you suggested. I feel my dog will do better with the liquid. Either way i will try your suggestions, adding them a pinch at a time. We will be doing a Bile acid test in four weeks to determine how much of the liver shunt has closed, and I assume having him start on one of these vitamins will be ideal for him, although I will wait another week as it has only been two weeks since his surgery. Thank you again.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom