• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vitality, Balance and Homeopathy in Epidemics

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I became interested in vet homeopathy in large part due to the exquisite success of homeopathic treatment during epidemics.

These successes are documented in multiple historical records.

In my eyes, this helped confirm the power of homeopathy to activate the body's natural healing ability and I wanted to learn more.

As I dug deeper I learned that the only monument dedicated to a doctor in Washington DC is for Dr. Hahnemann and his development of homeopathy.

I recently asked our friend and homeopathic history expert Dana Ullman about the origins of the statue.

He has a great article about the monument on his website. He also sent me this from an upcoming article:

In 1900, Thomas L. Bradford, MD, wrote a book, The Logic of Figures or Comparative Results of Homoeopathic and Other Treatments, which compared the morbidity and mortality rates in various homeopathic and conventional medical hospitals, mental asylums, orphanages, and prisons in the United States and Europe (it should be noted that many mental asylums, orphanages, and prisons in the late 1800s had homeopathic physicians as the primary care clinician). More specifically, this book compared the morbidity and mortality rates from various infectious disease epidemics, including cholera, typhoid, diphtheria, pneumonia, yellow fever, and scarlet fever.

According to The Logic of Figures, the death rate by percentage found that there were two to eight times more deaths from the above mentioned infectious diseases in the conventional institutions as compared with the homeopathic institutions. The significant difference may have resulted from the efficacy of homeopathic treatment or the dangers of conventional medical treatment of that time, or a combination of both.

The formal statistical comparisons, as depicted in Bradford’s book and as confirmed by medical historian John Haller, PhD.,[ii]consistently showed a much higher survival rate in homeopathic institutions when compared with conventional ones. In fact, there is a strong case to be made for how the many successes of homeopathic treatment during the various infectious disease epidemics helped homeopathy gain interest and even advocacy from increasing numbers of physicians and members of the general public.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom