• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Update on Gabby's Albumin and Total Protein testing today

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Been struggling with declining albumin and protein with Gabby for the past year and in mid January it got pretty low 1.5 Normal is 2.7-3.9
On January 26th the Albumin was 1.9 and today it was 2.1. Her total protein was 3.4 in Mid January (range5.5-7.5), On Jan 26th it went to 3.8 and today it is 4.1. Likewise her Globulin went up a tenth of a point to a 2 (range 2.4-4.0). On January 26th her BUN was 43 and now it is 37. So all have improved. Moving in the right direction. I am looking to keep the trend going and for tweaking what I am doing or should I keep it the same exactly. The internal med Dr. encouraged me to seek out the advice of a vet nutritionist through Ohio State. At this point, she needs something more balanced perhaps like a commercial cooked balanced diet like Open Farm? or Raised Right? Don't think I should go back to raw but I don't know. I have been cooking up 3 lbs of grass fed bison every 3 days and adding calcium, some veggies or squash and some gut supplements. For dinner, same thing but 2 eggs gently cooked and runny (1 yolk and 2 whites) Her snuffle mat should come soon---going to try it out on her Gotcha Day which is March 7th. Been really working on the sniff walks even in this cold snowy weather. As long as she wants to go, I do my best to go about an hour.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom