• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Unusual posturing

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello,

A friend has a foster dog that has started to have some posturing behavior. It gets worse at night. Has anyone seen this before?

I don’t want to call them seizures, so I chose posturing behavior ?

Thank you,

Melissa

Attachments

• IMG_0496.MOV
    5.9 MB

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Could you give us some more details, Melissa?
Thanks for the video.
Age, history, other problems - why is she/he wearing a shirt?
How long this has been going on and what was happening when it began - like vaccines, stress, etc.

Dr. Christina

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Could you give us some more details, Melissa?
Thanks for the video.
Age, history, other problems - why is she/he wearing a shirt?
How long this has been going on and what was happening when it began - like vaccines, stress, etc.

Dr. Christina
I know he was a street dog for 10 years. He came into rescue heartworm positive and was treated for that condition. He has GI upsets every so often, and I would guess has been on a few rounds of antibiotics or anti-diarrheals for it. It started late in October and was mostly before bed, now it has started to be throughout the day. I asked for more details, but that was all I got.

She did just start him on CBD and it is helping him get to sleep better.

Hank, the dog, is wearing doggie Pj's because she likes to dress him in them. :)

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
I felt like it might be that his gut is so out of whack it is causing inflammation. This reminds me of vestibular more than seizures. I just wanted to see what you all thought too and if any of you had had a pet that displayed the same kind of issue.

Thanks again!!!
Melissa

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Something neurologic would be my take on the video.

Do you know when these episodes started or how how often they are occurring?

Most important is how's Hank's BEAM?

Now's a great time to get a vet exam and to ramp up Hank's Happiness Quotient!

Perhaps share this article with your friend:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom