• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Unexplained hypoglycemia

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
I thought I would start a new thread because it seems that Teddy’s problem is stemming from hypoglycemia. Resilient 35, 37 after 4 or 5 hrs of eating. Internal medicine and neurology are atumped by this, Teddy’s vet has told me to check in with her from time to time and let her know what internal medicine thinks. Neurology transferred him back to internal medicine because as I was told, low blood sugar they have no clue why. Ok, but I was also told the day of discharge that Teddy is a mystery, Dr does not know why despite negative test on and ultrasound and insulinoma serum testing.

It was explained to me that he could have an exploratory, butnot advised at this time and othe rblood testing to see what is causing this. My question would be what other tests could there possibley be and if other t sets are done, what is the treatment. Is it reasonable to think that steroids would only make Teddy sicker, and try to manage with home remedies, like belladonna, CBD and maybe a very low dose of phenobarbital until weaned off safely. I would never forgive myself if I unsafely caused another seizure.

Is it even reasonable that I take him to the most senior internal medicine doctor at the speciality to reassess with a new pair of eyes. Current internal medicine Dr is perf calypso fine with this because she told me herself she just does not know why Teddy is not clinical in his symptoms yet his BG is so low. Does he have a brewing insulinoma that is undetected at this time. Please any thoughts onwhattests should or could be done would help me prepare when we go to see this vet on 6/4. Apparently fitting pets into a schedule is more important than the dx and urgency of the disease there. Of course Dr Judy has been aware of all of this. We talk on Friday.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
JoAnn, do I recall that Teddy is just a "baby" (3-4)?

If so, insulinoma is extremely unlikely.

What have his insulin levels been?

Insulin levels should be run along with a BG.

In most cases, after an 8-10 hour (or more) fast. However, Teddys hypoglycemia is so persistent that fasting may not be safe, but your internist will tell you.

A third physiologic opinion from the senior internist is great if you want it.

Maybe s/he will have another physiologic idea.

There's many, many physical (secondary) dis-eases that may be associated.

However the underlying (primary) cause is not physical, it is his energetic imbalance.

This imbalance is also what is causing his seizures per this paragraph by Hahnemann in his Organon of Healing.

Dr. Judy is addressing the imbalance homeopathically.

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
JoAnn, do I recall that Teddy is just a "baby" (3-4)?

If so, insulinoma is extremely unlikely.

What have his insulin levels been?

Insulin levels should be run along with a BG.

In most cases, after an 8-10 hour (or more) fast. However, Teddys hypoglycemia is so persistent that fasting may not be safe, but your internist will tell you.

A third physiologic opinion from the senior internist is great if you want it.

Maybe s/he will have another physiologic idea.

There's many, many physical (secondary) dis-eases that may be associated.

However the underlying (primary) cause is not physical, it is his energetic imbalance.

This imbalance is also what is causing his seizures per this paragraph by Hahnemann in his Organon of Healing.

Dr. Judy is addressing the imbalance homeopathically.
Dr Jeff, could you site the paragraph by Hahnemann? I don’t have an Organon yet. Yes, Teddy is a baby, he is only 3 yrs, 11 months.

Dr Judy said to stay on phenobarbital right now, 4 mg 2x a day, use CBD but work up to 5 mg because Teddy has not had any breakthrough seizures. I feed him 4-5 times a day and he has gained almost 2 lbs since 4/14 because of all the food I am feeding him every 4-5 hrs while awake. I stopped DMG, she agreed. That is it for now. The CBD I will begin using is RX Hemp. It may be a better product than the current one I am using-KingKalmCBD. After reading the article by Dr Angie, the minimum dose in bottle should be 15mg/ml and the product I am using has 5 mg per miso it’s not as pure as RX Hemp. The neurologist did suggest MCT oil too but Dr Judy said one thing at a time. Also same for Di Tan Tang. Not sure why so many seizure precautions because he has low blood sugar. When I see the 2nd internal medicine Dr if they do a bg I will ask to have an insulin level. Dr Judy did have me start Arnica 30c dilution 2 gtts 2x a day to treat his left eye which per neurologist is a sclera hemmorage. This happened right after his 13 day cold he caught from the hospital. I thought it was viral, so she said continue until eye isbetter. I will be very interested in that paragraph from Organon.

Teddy isvery alert, and now in the evening he looks forward to playing and even jumps 3 feet in the air to catch his little mouse on the wand. I hope staying on phenobarbital is the best thing right now? Is CBD considered a homeopathic remedy. I have noticed that every 4 00 in the am Teddy walkers around meowing like he did before the 1 event multiple seizures, but if I open a window to have him look outside he settles down. I wish I could discover where his imbalance is? Thank you so very much Dr Jeff, I am really looking forward to listening to Monday’s empower hr. Another question would be can you mix the cbd in Teddy’s food, and in Dr Angie’s experience instead of starting out at 5 mg 2x a day, since he has not had a break theoughon seizure starting at 2 or 3 mg with new CBD oil since it looks very potent? Thank you?

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff I just found this after rereading your comment. I did not click on the paragraph so I have the quote from the Oreganon. This is exactly what happened to Teddy. He is at the peak of his “health” and then on 4/14: , “may still remain lurking in some corner in the interior of the body, in order, some day during the most vigorous health, to burst forth at its pleasure with its material presence! So dreadful is still the blindness of the old pathology! No wonder that it could only produce a system of therapeutics which is solely occupied with scouring out the poor patient."

So how to find What is causing his low blood glucose without clinical signs. It’s like a silent killer because if he is not fed after 7 or 8 hrs who knows he may seize again.

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
In the reparatory where can I look for hypercoagulability, because I am thinking Teddy’s hematology results were on the high side, as well as his blood when taken in January. Again a stressful situation triggered like the seizures hypercoagulability????

Also his triglycerides in January were high 228. Glucose then was 75.3. I also am noticing that his coat is not as shiny as Timmy despite the semi raw with feline instinct premix and some cornucopia canned food( which I hope is ok for him to eat?) maybe I am groping at straws but I did mention this to Dr Judy too so maybe these findings will help to see what is causing the internal balance. In stress his hematology seems to be elevated??? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome JoAnn.

Insulinoma is very unlikely in such a young cat.

I'll be interested in his insulin levels when you get the next BG.

Great news bout his increase pm BEAM and play.

CBDs are supplements. Not homeopathic medicines.

Can you tell me why?

Regarding the underlying imbalance, the origin is an imbalance in his Vital Force per aphorism 8 of the Organon.

The goal now is to discern the internal and external symptoms that will guide to homeopathic medicines (not supplements) that will improve his balance, hypogylcemia and seizures.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by hypercoagulability? Was a coagulation profile run?

Regardless, his hematology parameters will also improve as his internal equilibrium (balance) improves.

The one energetic treatment will improve many different test abnormalities (internal symptoms).

Does this make sense?

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff, yes CBD is a supplement because it treats enteral symptoms, seizures, pain, etc. Also like we discussed last night CBD has to be ongoing, if it is stopped the symptom most likely will recur. Homeopathy targets the internal imbalance and is very individualized. That is probably why a generic homeopathic spray for epilepsy is the same as taking CBD. Even though it has homeopathic substances in it, it is not formulated to the individual. Teddy has not had coagulation studies done but his hematology levels from Jan and Apri were 3 or 4 times the normal levels. Like RBC was 18.5, normal high range is 9.Or HCT was. 57, normal high level up to 45. I am probably groping at straws to figure out why the low blood sugar that is why I mentioned it. Teddy puzzles me because now at 1 mg 2x a day, at 11 and 11, the daytime hrs are fine. He is engaging, awake, content. After 11pm, he is restless meowing, walking room to room unless I get up and be with him. It’s hard to figure out is he in pain then, too soon to feed so I don’t think it’s low blood sugar but I could be wrong. Or is he wanted to play and interact when he used to sleep all night. This morning at 2:30 he woke up and started to meow, walking from room to room. I fed him and an hour later he continued to Aimlessly walk from room to room until he tired himself out and went to sleep. Some night better than others. Not sure if I should give more CBD at night, or stay on the 1mg2x a day.

How to get to the goal seems impossible, but the way you worded it seems possible “

The goal now is to discern the internal and external symptoms that will guide to homeopathic medicines (not supplements) that will improve his balance, hypogylcemia and seizures.

Very scary for me, but I am learning to pull back, take a deep breathe and then act. Any questions to ask internal medicine will be helpful when I go on 6/4. The neurology tech who is also the internal tech told me there is not much more testing to do on Teddy, just palliative care. I don’t accept that yet!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, JoAnn, the sacred paws is essential for mindful medical decision making for Teddy.

I will think further about other questions to ask 6/4 at your vet visit.

No, there probably is not much more diagnostic testing that needs to be done, which is a good thing!

"Palliative care" really just means that they don't know what else they can do except try other symptomatic drugs.

However, unlike the conventional doctors, you know exactly what to do next (continue homeopathic treatment with Dr. Judy).

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, I went back to look at Teddy’s discharge summary and in the write up seizures, hypoglycemia and polycythemia was in question. His RBC at the time of his seizures was 17 and HCT 57.3, HGB 21. In Jan at his vet they were a bit higher but Teddy’s vet wrote it off as dehydrated. Could he have this condition and if so I did read on the medication they prescribe to stop RBC production and I would not want to put Teddy through this. If it was this condition it could have caused the seizures and it could be the reason why Teddy’s BG shows up falsely low as noted in a research article. Is there a homepathetic treatment for this condition, as I don’t know if I can put Teddy through a phlebotomy session of drawing off his blood.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Very, very interesting theory JoAnn!

And absolutely possible.

Fantastic thinking!!

In fact, I wrote up a case series including review of hydroxyurea (which was/is the drug used to treat this along with bloodletting!) many years ago which discusses polycythemia.

However, I was misguided at that time and did not know about the energetic basis for dis-ease.

So yes, absolutely, homeopathic treatment can help!

However, this is a deep and complex dis-ease that can take time to resolve.

Stick with treatment (Dr. Judy is a "bulldog" and will not give up) and include monitoring his PCVs (blood counts) and BGs (blood sugars) as awesome ways to monitor internal symptoms.

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Yes, Dr Jeff, I will, Dr Judy is a very amazing person, and she is so good and patient with me too as I learn. I am glad to hear there is a homeopathic pathway, because I won’t go the drug route. Again thank you!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom