• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Twitching

JillR

Registered
My dog twitches often, especially at night when sleeping. Any idea what this could be caused from? Thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jill-

There's lots of possible physiologic causes with the most common being neurologic activity during dreaming. Other possibilities include electrolyte, kidney, liver, etc. imbalances.

However, the true underlying cause is that it is a manifestation of her dynamic energy balance. If it is a new thing and if there is anything else going on, it may be a clue that a homeopath can use to help her re-balance.

It could be helpful if you give us some context like her age, BEAM, history (vaccinations, diet, medications...), etc.

Regardless, it's probably nothing to worry about, but if you are concerned then an exam from your local vet should help assuage any worries.

JillR

Registered
Hi Jill-

There's lots of possible physiologic causes with the most common being neurologic activity during dreaming. Other possibilities include electrolyte, kidney, liver, etc. imbalances.

However, the true underlying cause is that it is a manifestation of her dynamic energy balance. If it is a new thing and if there is anything else going on, it may be a clue that a homeopath can use to help her re-balance.

It could be helpful if you give us some context like her age, BEAM, history (vaccinations, diet, medications...), etc.

Regardless, it's probably nothing to worry about, but if you are concerned then an exam from your local vet should help assuage any worries.

JillR

Registered
Hello, so she is almost 7 years old. She seems very happy. She goes to the dog park everyday. She doesn't have a lot of energy but she's always kind of been like that.
She's had all of her vaccinations because for one I didn't really know any better and second because I moved to Hawaii for a bit and I brought her with me on the plane in the cabin and she could not have gone had I not completed all of her vaccinations, paid for a vet to meet me at the airport etc.
There are not any holistic vets in my area but there are within an hour or so I will begin going. I have been performing reiki on her every morning since you suggested it a few weeks ago.
Originally, I contacted you regarding her limping on her back leg. I added beef hearts and that has cured it!
She was previously on a raw diet for quite a while however, at least once a week she would vomit. You told me that it was too rich for her and to just add beef hearts to what I was currently feeding her.
Currently she is eating white fish, sardines, pumpkin, beef hearts.
She eats poop and grass at the dog park or tries to, so the beef hearts have been a good deterrent. This tells me there's something digestive going on? Most recently I have tried slightly cooking her raw food and so far so good. No flatulence yesterday :)
I'm reading all that I can in the forum but it's a lot of info to take in when I'm working on my own health as well but we will get there!
She is a vivid dreamer LOL so that is part of it when she sleeps at night however I feel like there's more to it.
Thank you, Jill

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom