• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

"Time" as a modality or habit?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Following up to our most recent appointment, Dr. Jeff explained (thank you, @Dr. Jeff !) why my pup always chooses to do snuffle mat (for at least 2 hours :dog2:) during the hours between 12am and 3am :dogrun: (side note: I've been enjoying my midnight cup of coffee ☕ :)) ...he said "time" is a modality...that is, my pup's body chooses/needs (?) to do snuffle mat during those hours (I hope I'm presenting it correctly here)...however, a thought came to my mind...what if it's a force of habit? Could that be possible? How do you distinguish modality vs. habit in homeopathy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sure, it's possible Christine, but how would you define a habit?

I'd consider it to be something we do in a certain way and/or at a certain time, because it feels good or accomplishes a purpose (which is more applicable to people).

Rather than a habit, you could also consider that Koby has more energy at 1-2 am so he is stimulated to do the marathon (2-3 hour!) snuffle mat sessions.

These may both be modalities (environmental modification of any symptom aka epigenetic modification of genes by turning translation of proteins, which is coded by genes, on and off).

I think of a habit as possibly developing out of a modality.

Habits also develop because of circumstances, e.g. getting fed at a certain time, etc.

Does this make sense (and sorry about the science stuff)?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, this makes sense.

F/U Questions to your comments:

#1: So...If and when his vital force is restored, is it possible that hours of his energy spike could change naturally?

#2: I've tried to entice him to do snuffle mat during the day with high value treats but he refused - does this mean, in this case, it's a habit developed out of modality? If so, any environmental or circumstantial modifications would not change his desire to do snuffle mat during wee hours?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom