• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Teething!

Dana

All-Access Member
Registered
IMG_3445.jpg

I was not aware of how bloody and painful teething can be!!

This week Murphy started to loose his teeth. I know this because he was playing with a neighbor's pup and I thought he had ripped the pups ear but there was no yelp and no cut. Just blood. Then all of a sudden Murphy became hand shy and cried out if we touched his face. Dr. Sara (Murphy's 1st human Mom) gave us some suggestions. We have tried frozen toys to chew on and Hypericum 30c - 3 pellets on a spoon with non-chlorinated water up to 3X per day until the pain eases. We gave 2 doses of the remedy yesterday and 1 this morning and he seems better... He is still holding his ears back and shys if hands go near his face.
IMG_3480.jpg

Deena

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dana! I'm glad hypernicum is bringing Murphy relief. For me, feeding semi frozen Turkey necks is my best friend during teething. They are a good, long, healthy chew. Digging teeth deep into vertebrae like that massaged gums. They contain tryptophan, in a form a dogs body knows how to use, which is Mom Nature's food based relaxant. I don't know Berners, but in my breed puppies ears fold & get held back during teething. It is not due to pain. It is caused by them burning through some nutrient during teething. Feeding lots of cartilage rich foods, like feet & necks, is what I recommend to my puppy buyers. Is the same true for BMDs??? Good luck & remember...this too shall pass ?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom