• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Support for Lipomas

annakolomy

Registered
Hi Team,

My boy Bug (beagle x pug.. finer blonde moment on my end with his name!), has had a long history of having lots of lumps, as he has gotten older he was producing more lipomas. With one very large one to the right of his neck. He also has a history of having a grade 2 mast cell tumour (which is a cool story, because he came to my husband in a dream 2 nights in a row letting him know something was wrong and that he would die if we didnt find it (but Bug is dramatic!), and we then went looking for it and I found a pea sized lump which turned out to be the tumour and it was promptly removed!).

In feb we switched him (and our other dog Bee) over to a raw/whole food diet, within about 3 weeks of this change the large lipoma at his neck decreased in size by about half, and since then has maybe reduced a little bit more.
Originally he was ok with some of the vimergy supplements, but now he leaves them and I'm not actually sure if there are any specific foods/supplementation that can support reducing lipomas?

They also LOVE MM's HMDS & LRS so whenever I make it (usually daily) they will get a couple of tablespoons each as well.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hiya, and thanks so much for making your first post.

Wow, what a cool story and Bug's MCT!!

Fantastic that the lipoma decreased and may be continuing to decrease. Among other things, fresh food raises the body's cellular energy and ability to heal.

Perhaps take the HA! 101 course to learn more about other energy raising strategies you can use at home.

I bet @Dr. Christina and @Dr. Jean Hofve will have other useful and supportive strategies.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Great work! Really, the raw diet is the biggest component for skin tags, lipomas, etc. The supplements I like best are DHA/EPA Omega-3s, pro- and pre-biotics, and antioxidants (they work better together than as singles). But if it's working, keep doing it and don't worry! :)

annakolomy

Registered
@Dr. Jean Hofve thanks for your reply, I missed the notification here.
I've purchased the adored beast probiotics so will start him on that. I'm mindful of the omegas due to his gut sensitivity around fats but we do feed him sardines approx 1 x pw and on the advice of @Dr. Jeff we'll be adding in more fresh fish as well (will stick with white varieties for him, but he loves it so all good).
Re antioxidants he does actually get berries in his diet and I've started him on vit C again.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Since lipomas often occur even on raw fed dogs, this is a great example of how much improvement can be obtained by improving diets. Kudos for you to try it.

There is no one right answer for any illness. As you read and study here at HA! you will get many suggestions. Please do not start them all at one time, especially physical ones like supplements. Always start one at a time, give for a few weeks, continue it if there is overall improvement in BEAM & Early warning Signs of Internal Imbalance (you will learn more about those in the 101 class).

And pay attention to those dreams, for sure.

Download the Healthy Dog Journal to help you track the effects of any treatments and to help remind you about the main responses to treatment - cure, palliation, suppression, no change.

Amy Snow spoke about doing acupressure on their dog who started with lipomas at age 2, even with great food & holistic treatments. It helped keep them small until well over 10 years when one had to be debulked. I still would add in energy treatments one at a time, as you learn them. Also listen to Dr. Benson's webinar on tumor treatments.

Dr.Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom