• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Stomach ulcers in cats

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Good morning:

I came across a product from HomeoAnimal entitled stomach ulcers. It seems to have a lot of good ingredients in it. Dr. Jeff and everyone: does anyone have experience with this company/product?

I am currently using slippery elm, marshmallow root and Kefir but Karma still sometimes sits in a meatloaf position when his stomach is empty and sometimes in between bites of food. Dosing with ars. Alb.does not alleviate this.

Thank you,
Keely D. Parr

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Keely, have you used other homeopathic medicines?
Are there any other symptoms now or in the past?
How is the BEAM?
How often does the meatloaf position happen?

I am not familiar with the stomach ulcer product. I am concerned that they say it is an herb and to give a capsule a day, then says that with remedies weight of the animal does not matter. They seem to be confusing homeopathic medicines with herbs, so I would have to speak with them before recommending this - it may be potentized, not merely herbal.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Christina:

I was working with a homeopathic vet who dosed 30 cc remedies including lycopodium, nux vomica, phosphorus, sulphur, Calc carb and ars. Alb. I am seeing much improvement with 6cc of ars. Alb with the exception of his gastrointestinal ailment.

Karma was vomiting white foam in between meals, I have been giving him sodium citrate 1/16 tsp with alkaline water and the vomiting has stopped. I also give him coconut water to keep him hydrated.

He sits in a meatloaf position daily and feels better/sits upright after I give him some plain Kefir. I also give him about 2ml of aloe Vera juice inner fillet before bed.

His BEAM is very good / always wants to eat and play but I am concerned that his kidneys are no longer able to secrete stomach acid and it is burning a hole in his GI tract. He was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2011 and his stools have been softer than usual; again a sign of hyperacidity. His urine also has no odor.

I am thinking of trying robinia next for the hyper acidity .

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Keely!

Sorry again for not getting to give a talk on Sunday. With that big crowd and band, no one would have heard it anyway (the talk was postponed to January, and I'd love to get your ideas for topics).

I suspect a good homeopathic medicine could be found for this 3 P (it's not peculiar) symptom.?

Are Karma's meatloaf episodes before or after eating?

You can start Vitalize⚡ stomach glycosaminoglycan liquid tomorrow if you want to try it.

It wont interfere with the Ars. tho it will make symptom interpretation more difficult.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Regarding a next remedy, what else is not perfect about Karma?

In addition to the meatloaf episodes and soft stool?

Any modalities?

The more detail that you have to look up in Kent's, the better the odds are that you can find the remedy on your own.

Feel free to share any other details here.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Sorry for the delay in responding. I emailed the company about the stomach ulcer product and they said the homeopathic product is not potentized but treated as an herbal remedy. That does not make sense to me. Dr Jeff and Dr Christina: how would a homeopathic remedy be effective that way?

I tried the vitalize and it did not make a difference so I will look at his other symptoms to perhaps move to another remedy.

I started giving him organic pumpkin which resolved the soft stools so the only symptoms present are the meatloaf position and nausea ( he licks the wood, wants to chew plastic, etc)

I think a great topic for future talks would be addressing the overall health and wellness of our pets including nutrition, lifestyle and working with their bodies to effectuate a cure.

regards,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Your right Keely.

This might come from mixing up holistic or herbal with homeopathic.

Exactly what would you envision for a talk such as you describe?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom