• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sores on dogs paw pads

SarahK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello,

I have a 6 month old German Shepherd who has little sores on the sides of some his paw pads on his hind limbs. He is an active puppy and I mainly walk him on side walks and asphalt, I live in PA and the weather lately hasn’t been warm enough to cause the roads to be to hot, but if I have concerns I always check the temperature before letting him walk.

I am not sure how or when he developed these sores. What can I use to help his paws heal? And would it be okay to start to use black tea to help toughen his front pads while I wait for his sores to heal. Once his sores are healed I’d like to toughen them up too to prevent further issues.

thank you in advance!

@beccak @AshleyC

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yes, you can use black tea. It may even help the sores.
We need a little more information.
First, how is he overall? his BEAM?

Do the sores bother him? Does he lick them? Does he mind you touching them?

When did you first notice them? Are they between the toes, moist, discharging, smelly, bloody, etc? How were they when you first noticed them?

Can you think of anything that was new in the few weeks prior to him getting the sores? His rabies vaccine, new diet, new paint in the house, neighbors spraying, etc.

You can make a solution of calendula and/or hypericum in water and/or rescue remedy or other flower essences and/or essential oils to soak the feet in, or to dab on the feet.

Remember symptoms are clues of an internal imbalance, so focus on the happiness protocol, sniffing, mental and physical stimulation, best diet, etc.

Non member login - Holistic Actions! is a great article with context of skin problems and some soothing suggestions.

Dr. Christina

SarahK

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina,

Over all he is well, no changes in his BEAM. Nothing new I can think of in recent weeks, I do walk him around my neighborhood and he does at times walk in the grass, it’s possible a neighbor used something in their lawn.

They don’t seem to bother him, I’ve not seen him lick or bite at them. They have no smell and look like scrapes, they were a little bloody when I saw them earlier but are not now.

I became aware of them them because @beccak noticed his walk was a little off and she is the one who looked at his feet.

I will try calendula and start the black tea.

thank you so much
FBAB4230-796D-40DF-ADD5-D00A3F0C8E7F.jpeg1014421A-01A0-4A54-96AA-955F28E5D7BB.jpeg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great job to pay attention to BEAM, etc, and to notice the mild limp which does indicate they be bothering him a little. That will be a good clue if he needs more help.

Do you already have a holistic vet on your health care team?

Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Glad they are less pink/red today. Keep up all the ways to build vitality. Glad you are a member,.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great job with monitoring BEAM (and not worrying-too much)!

To me the pics look more like whitish de-pigmented areas on the pads than sores.

Regardless of the "diagnosis" or the underlying physical stressors that triggered the imbalance resulting in the pad symptom, it's an awe-some early warning sign clue that you need to "fine-tune" him more.

That's what energetic modalities like homeopathy, Ayurveda, TCVM, etc. can do.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom