• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sore and itchy ear

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
Max has started to tell me his left ear is a little sore. A couple of times a day he will scratch it and last night when he was getting an ear rub that he usually really enjoys, he did a small Yelp. Both ears have a slight smell about them. At this stage he is not showing any other signs and his BEAM is very good. As this has been a recurring problem for him which has previously been treated with PMP I would like to get on top of it before it gets worse. Thankyou

F2B19692-2941-47A1-A45F-0523AB3C3E3B.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Did this ear flare up start before or after the Puls dose that you mentioned in your other thread?

If his left ear is moist, wipe it out with magnesium oil which will help dry it out with the residual salt when it evaporates.

Wipe the ear with green tea if there is a waxy buildup.

If his ear looks fine, just leave it alone for now. The Puls. can help with that, and his stomach issues.

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
Did this ear flare up start before or after the Puls dose that you mentioned in your other thread?

If his left ear is moist, wipe it out with magnesium oil which will help dry it out with the residual salt when it evaporates.

Wipe the ear with green tea if there is a waxy buildup.

If his ear looks fine, just leave it alone for now. The Puls. can help with that, and his stomach issues.
Thanks for the reply Dr Jeff. Max’s ears started to itch and smell just before the pulsatilla. His ears don’t seem moist but I have cleaned the visible parts of the ear with green tea as suggested. Over the last 3 days I have noticed that the skin around his eyes and mouth are starting to get the redness that is a sign his immune suppressive medication is wearing off. He is starting to want to rub these areas with his paws and also rubbing his face up and down the edge of the lounge. The ears, mouth and ears All together are the typical signs he shows when his medication is wearing off and the timing is about right when I expect it should be. Once the redness starts it doesn’t long for it to get worse rather quickly.

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks for the reply Dr Jeff. Max’s ears started to itch and smell just before the pulsatilla. His ears don’t seem moist but I have cleaned the visible parts of the ear with green tea as suggested. Over the last 3 days I have noticed that the skin around his eyes and mouth are starting to get the redness that is a sign his immune suppressive medication is wearing off. He is starting to want to rub these areas with his paws and also rubbing his face up and down the edge of the lounge. The ears, mouth and ears All together are the typical signs he shows when his medication is wearing off and the timing is about right when I expect it should be. Once the redness starts it doesn’t long for it to get worse rather quickly.
His BEAM is very good otherwise.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
redness that is a sign his immune suppressive medication is wearing off.

Is he also on an oral immune suppressive in addition to the immune suppressive effect from the pred. (a steroid) in the ear medication?

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
No oral medication just the Cytopoint injection. In the past I have administered the PMP into the ear only when it flares up.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ah, got it! Thanks Shivani.

Now's the perfect time to practice the sacred paws. When symptoms start showing but before getting another anti-inflammatory injection.

If the remedy you are using is similar enough to Max's internal imbalance, then it should help slow the progression of itch and help decrease the need for future injections.

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
Ah, got it! Thanks Shivani.

Now's the perfect time to practice the sacred paws. When symptoms start showing but before getting another anti-inflammatory injection.

If the remedy you are using is similar enough to Max's internal imbalance, then it should help slow the progression of itch and help decrease the need for future injections.
Sounds great, but alas I have never heard of ‘sacred paws’. Please advise. ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh sorry, it's a play on words.

Derived from Tara Brach's recommendation for the mindful response to challenging situations. That being the sacred pause.

Here, waiting, watching and treating, using Max's vitality and balance.

Shivani

VIP Member
Registered
Oh sorry, it's a play on words.

Derived from Tara Brach's recommendation for the mindful response to challenging situations. That being the sacred pause.

Here, waiting, watching and treating, using Max's vitality and balance.
Oh ok, I have heard of Tara Brach, but not very familiar with all her works. I’m sorry but I am a little confused as to what you are suggesting my next move is. In the past the watching and waiting only leads to greater progression of symptoms (which happens quite quickly). This gets both of us very distressed and I begin feeling desperate to alleviate his discomfort so unfortunately default to the drugs.
Could I please get you to explain further and in detail what treatment you refer to in these statements.
“treating, using Max's vitality and balance” AND “ If the remedy you are using is similar enough to Max's internal imbalance, then it should help slow the progression of itch and help decrease the need for future injections”.
Thanks Dr. Jeff, sorry if I am being a little simple in understanding what your are trying to say. I guess I am feeling some anxiety rising about Max’s slippery slide he is about to go down as I don’t feel clear on what I should Be doing.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
There is no need to apologize. We are here to help you learn.

Because of the cytopoint, history of drug treatment for the ears, and the history of worsening of symptoms in the past, if the Pulsatilla does not make a huge difference within a week, it is time to schedule an full length appointment with a homeopathic veterinarian, or chinese medicine veterinarian. When symptoms have been stopped in the past (suppression), it can take very careful timing and changing of homeopathic medicines as the symptoms change to keep Max on the healing path.

Each homeopathic medicine addresses all the symptoms at once. We do not give one for the ears and one for the stomach. They stimulate the body to self heal, so we watch the BEAM along with past and current symptoms to know what to do next.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom