• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Scooting, Stool Issues

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
cat keeps eating long grasses outside. We're trying to stop him, but obviously weren't successful.

I found him Scooting yesterday and pulled a stool hanging out and it was 6 inches long and bumpy with Grass that was holding it together. Ugh. He didn't cry and Anus looks fine. What do I need to do and how do I get to the Root Cause?

I give 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin daily. Took him off Acacia and Psyillum(worried about it effecting his Pancreas). Eats Raw Venison & Elk now. Was on Beef for months. Think he's stagnant, maybe Liver. He has done will with Kudzu, but none of the above have stopped the Grass eating! Tried adding back Phytosynergy by Adored Beast this week. I'm at such a loss and overwhelmed at what to do. Thank you for your help.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
First, take a deep breath, or 25!
Then find something to laugh about, or just do some laughing.

What is your kitty's name? How is his BEAM?

I think you are speaking with Dr. Jeff tomorrow, so perfect timing.

I think it good to be off acacia and psyillum.

I do think it important to rotate proteins, and even brands, or to give some meals you shop for the ingredients yourself. Try a few meals of cottage cheese, or scrambled egg, or fish. Try more or less pureed fresh vegetables with the Phytosynergy (If he loves that or with something he loves).

Try a lot of different foods to see what he loves. What are super treats.

If his BEAM is great and he is not bothered by the stool (except when it is full of grass), be super grateful that his internal energy imbalance is expressing itself this way.

While it is great to go outside, can you leash walk him to areas that do not have long grass?

Other problems? Will he play with you? Play as much as you can - discover what he loves. Listen to Anitra Frazier's webinar on May 23rd of helpful thoughts to have with your cats.

Dr. Christina

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
First, take a deep breath, or 25!
Then find something to laugh about, or just do some laughing.

What is your kitty's name? How is his BEAM?

I think you are speaking with Dr. Jeff tomorrow, so perfect timing.

I think it good to be off acacia and psyillum.

I do think it important to rotate proteins, and even brands, or to give some meals you shop for the ingredients yourself. Try a few meals of cottage cheese, or scrambled egg, or fish. Try more or less pureed fresh vegetables with the Phytosynergy (If he loves that or with something he loves).

Try a lot of different foods to see what he loves. What are super treats.

If his BEAM is great and he is not bothered by the stool (except when it is full of grass), be super grateful that his internal energy imbalance is expressing itself this way.

While it is great to go outside, can you leash walk him to areas that do not have long grass?

Other problems? Will he play with you? Play as much as you can - discover what he loves. Listen to Anitra Frazier's webinar on May 23rd of helpful thoughts to have with your cats.

Dr. Christina
@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jeff

Thank you for such a thoughtful and brilliant response. I'm with you, but Romeo isn't! We had 2 allergy panels run 4 years ago and he was allergic to almost everything including, Dairy and Eggs and All Poultry. I'd like to feed some Fish, but am wondering if Cod or Pollack or Sole would be okay? Steamed? I will not feed Fish raw due to parasites and worms.

He was on Beef for probably too long. Took him off a few weeks ago. Now on Venison both chunked and ground with Pumpkin. Tried ground Mouse and wouldn't even try a bite. Added Elk and he likes, but doesn't love it. Have Cavies to try.

I'd like to get a Fur Test done for allergies, nutritional levels/deficiencies/tox screen. What Lab do you recommend and can you order the tests?

He refuses to be on a Leash! He is now making a bee line for the "outback" to sit under a thorny bush and wait for critters/birds to hunt. This is a strip of land between our back yard and the Golf Course, both are heavily sprayed with Precept and idk what else! Lots of tall grasses back there. We tried store bought Wheat Grass which he will only eat a bite if he's super desperate and usually throws a Meowing fit until we take him out. Grass seems to trigger his motility and then he'll come into his Box.

We do try to play with him at least once every night. He seems to want to play with Brad more than me. Try with Balls, Da Bird feather toy, red light pointer, just introduced a puzzle with treats, but he hasn't shown much interest. He LOVES to hunt. We lived on 50 acres for 4 years and now he is confined to a small yard of rock gravel where everything is hazardous(Arizona)!!! Boo Hoo.

My greatest concern is WHY is he seeking Grass? WHAT is upsetting his tummy? Does he have Leaky Gut or a Chronic GI Issue/Condition? Stagnation? Liver is his favorite treat and loves the freeze dried Hearts recommended by Dr. Jeff!

He is Wood and is the Boss and doesn't want to be told what to do...talks back! Has been more clingy lately. Seeking Heat.

Finally, I have IONS and wonder if this would be helpful to give to seal the leaky junctions if he has Leaky Gut? Do I need to do a Detox first and maybe we need to test first? I want to do things that are necessary and in the proper order. I tried Adored Beast Detox Protocol and he looked like a Punk Rocker and seemed worse. Maybe I quit too soon or he needed less/smaller doses?

I have a 15 minute session with Dr. Jeff today and this is what I'd like to discuss. Many thanks. I am trying so hard and am deeply grateful for your experience and expertise.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I am sure Dr. Jeff and you clarified next steps.
A few comments.
1. Allergies those proteins were only, at that time, a trigger for gut issues. the cause of the gut issues is an energetic imbalance. For anyone, limiting the diet is usually only palliative, and the diet becomes more and more restrictive. the "cure" is homeopathy or great TCVM or other deep energy cures. Grass seeking - same "cause" - imbalance.
2. hunting/not playing well/not leash walking, etc. maybe speak with an animal intuitive. And keep trying different ways to play, run around the house, hide food, etc. Many cats are successfully made into indoor cats. It does take hard work. Maybe a consult with Anitra Frazier if you liked her empower hour. Be sure your emotions about the lack of 50 clean acres are not bleeding into his. Find what is to love about current location.
Dr. Christina

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I am sure Dr. Jeff and you clarified next steps.
A few comments.
1. Allergies those proteins were only, at that time, a trigger for gut issues. the cause of the gut issues is an energetic imbalance. For anyone, limiting the diet is usually only palliative, and the diet becomes more and more restrictive. the "cure" is homeopathy or great TCVM or other deep energy cures. Grass seeking - same "cause" - imbalance.
2. hunting/not playing well/not leash walking, etc. maybe speak with an animal intuitive. And keep trying different ways to play, run around the house, hide food, etc. Many cats are successfully made into indoor cats. It does take hard work. Maybe a consult with Anitra Frazier if you liked her empower hour. Be sure your emotions about the lack of 50 clean acres are not bleeding into his. Find what is to love about current location.
Dr. Christina
Many thanks! I love your intuition & wisdom! Will do. ??

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Many thanks! I love your intuition & wisdom! Will do. ?? Where do I find Anitra Frazier's Talk? Indeed I have been challenging myself to finding things to love here and letting go of the past Home. Thanks for the reminder as our emotions and thoughts certainly affect our Animals well-being if they are negative! I'm ordering the Snuffle Mat too! He loves the Mine Platter!

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jeff

I get it...energetic! The Green Hope Farms Free Flow is otw! Romeo was so vocal on our call b/c he wanted to Hunt, and Hunt he did...caught a huge Mouse or Rat!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom