• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sabine Lucia

CatherineL

VIP Member
Registered
Sabine; 9 years old; Female; Spayed: DSH Feline; approx. 9 lbs
Withdrawn, low energy, a little bit of food after two days no eating
grain-free wet
I adopted her at about 3 so probably standard vax until then. I have only vaccinated her for rabies as she goes outside, last time 2 years ago? No known exposure to toxins other than meds- fluoxetine 5mg 5 years; apoquel 2 mg; methimazole 5 mg 2x day; gabapentin 50-100 mg occasionally. OFF ALL MEDS 3 DAYS.
Behavior/thyroid/kidney
2021 Blood work attached
Skin/ear, barbers tummy and any other area she can reach to raw at times, pees in the house when off fluoxetine, frightened, hides alot

I am very concerned as to how to manage Sabine's health. I feel she is on too much medication that she does not take regularly because the only way to get anything in her is through food. I think this is the reason she has stopped eating.

Attachments

• SabineL 2021 Blood work.pdf
    321.7 KB · Views: 1

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, Sabine sure has a lot going on!

Thanks for making your first post about her Catherine.

Thanks as well for all of the super data (blood tests) that you shared about her internal symptoms.

Yes, medication in the food is a very common reason for kitties to stop eating.

What does she eat usually, and what have you tried?

At this time, is there anything that will get her purring and happy?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You are definitely in the right place, Catherine, as there are a lot of ways to help Sabine.

One initial step while she is still on drugs is to never put meds (even holistic ones) into a meal. Discover some food treat that she adores - tuna, sardines, other canned fish, tomato sauce, dairy, dehydrated chicken hearts, etc. Only give the meds in the treat foods.

While there are a lot of things you can do right now at home, for a kitty on these drugs it is best to work with a veterinary homeopath (can be done by phone) or a well trained chinese medicine vet (local of course).

She is still young. When did her symptoms begin, and what were the earliest ones (in retrospect)?
Dr. Christina

CatherineL

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you both for your reply. After two days of no eating she got herself going little by little. She eats grain free wet and we put a bit of chicken broth in for now. She has stopped hiding. I really think that she just was boycotting her food due to the meds. I haven’t given her any meds for four days now.

I do integrate homeopathy into pet care but she is tough as you cannot administer anything, no nail cutting, drops in ears etc. She doesn’t eat treats either. I used to crush up a remedy and put it right against my kitty’s gum but no go with S.

In late winter I noticed she was eating a lot but losing weight.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Catherine.

Sabine has lots going on! Are you working with a vet homeopath?

CatherineL

VIP Member
Registered
Yes she does. No, I have a conventional vet but am looking for another option. She’s on too many meds and although she has serious conditions, this isn’t working.

CatherineL

VIP Member
Registered
You or Dr Christine sent some links on treating thyroid. Can you put in feed so I can keep track of. THX

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for asking Catherine. @aruna can put the links to the thyroid resources in this thread in the next few days.

A great place to start, if you haven't already, is with the Holistic Fun-Damentals course.

Also you can log in to your HA! resource area to get all the info right away.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Catherine, since you are looking for another option, you can work by phone as a client with a veterinary homeopath. As a member you can be a client of Dr. Jeff, or you can get phone numbers and web sites for other homeopathic phone consulting veterinarians at www.theAVH.org (Drs. Herman, Sagrera, Cooney, Levy, Barrett are often available).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom