• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Remedies for acute cases while undergoing long-term homeopathic treatments - fear of giving an antidote

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hello @Dr. Jeff - Koby's been having diarrhea and vomiting since 4am (and it's 130pm) - I read in another forum post by DebC re vomting, you suggested "Two out of 4 of the Awe-some A (Aconite, Arsenicum album, Apis, Arnica) homeopathic medicines may be useful."..Koby's last dose of remedy was Phos 6c. (10/18/2019)...He's lethargic and has no appetite. I am not able to give him his heart meds. My question is, for an acute case like this, is it okay for me to dose him any of the A's you mentioned or wait for your directions? I am worried about giving him something that is an antidote of Phos.

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
Hi. I’m carol. Wondering if herb slippery elm might help your Koby. My dog had bloody diarrhea and some vomit about a month ago while doing himeopa5uc work on her. She still had appetite tho. The vet I work with told me to get slippery elm and gave me directions to do. It soothes gi tract? It did seem to help Emma? Let me know if you want the guide my homeo vet suggested. I feel for you. I hope Koby is coming back round as I type.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Carol - Thanks so much for your help. I'm glad Emma is doing good!

Koby gets slippery elm every day (for his digestion and coughing)...He just woke up from a long nap and I gave him his heart meds (wrapped in bonito) and two little pieces of boiled chicken...and thank God, he ate! I'm making chicken porridge for him right now.

I'm little concerned about his water intake though...he'd only take a few small sips of water then turn his head away. Have you gotten Emma the "under the skin fluid" (I dont know the medical term, sorry) after her bouts of diarrhea and vomiting?

@Dr. Jeff - I just finished watching the HA! seminar on Diarrhea ...since I haven't heard from you and, out of desperation, I gave Koby a "whiff" of Arsenicum Album..minutes later, I gave him his heart meds and he took them. Does "whiffing" a remedy work this fast, that is, if it worked on Koby this time?

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
Oh I’m so glad to hear that Koby ate a bit and had his medicine! Slowly but surely,,,maybe he will drink more as time goes. Wondering, as you are too I’m sure, this bout is a reaction, healing of phos? Poor little guy tho,,,we sure hate to see them feeling down and out.
Interesting doing of the “whiffing” of ars. Maybe that did the trick?
I did not do any special fluid intaking for emma. Fortunately her ordeal was short lived. I hope Koby keeps feeling better and you both get a restful, healthful night together.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Oh dear...he had diarrhea about 10 mins after his tiny meal and I did notice blood. If necessary, I will take him to ER. I know they're going to give him Metronidazole :( Thank you, Carol. Restful and healthful night is what we need...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, the whiff dose can work immediately if it is a match (or partial match) of his internal imbalance.

Personally, I wouldn't use metronidazole if possible Christine.

Did his BEAM respond to the Ars?

If not, perhaps consider a redose of Phos or Puls (Puls patients tend to be more thirstless).

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
How is Koby? Blood may not have been need for ER. Loving Dr Jeff’s calming, sage advice. Emma had blood, a lot, and it eased. Went away, but noticing It small again. Working with homeopathic meds can be a dilemma at times,,,has me sitting on fence,,,as to what is causing what,,,,and the patience,,,,that patience thing!
I’ll be watching to see how he is doing. And continuing wishing you both the best.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for your post of support Carol.

Both I, Christine and Koby appreciate it!?

Good luck with him today.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you both @Carol and @Dr. Jeff - Koby and I are so thankful for your kindness. Took Koby to ER last night for SQ Fluid. They wanted to run all kinds of test but I said no. I also said no to Metronidazole.

@Dr. Jeff I didn't see any noticeable difference in Koby after Ars sniff.
I followed your instructions and dosed him twice today of Puls (only had 30c on hand) but you didn't say how many succussion so I did 5 and gave him Q-tip doses. Since he is still having diarrhea, should I increase the succussion? His BEAM has improved.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
How is Koby? Blood may not have been need for ER. Loving Dr Jeff’s calming, sage advice. Emma had blood, a lot, and it eased. Went away, but noticing It small again. Working with homeopathic meds can be a dilemma at times,,,has me sitting on fence,,,as to what is causing what,,,,and the patience,,,,that patience thing!
I’ll be watching to see how he is doing. And continuing wishing you both the best.

Thank you, Carol again :) I am with ya re working with homeopathic remedies...I found myself constantly jotting down details details and details :p I have a big fat note on my wall that says "PATIENCE" as a reminder too!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Good work with the Ars Christine!:thumbsup:

Whenever BEAM, and especially energy, improve after a homeopathic medicine, the physical symptoms often gradually improve after that.

How did Koby sleep :zzz: last night, and how is he this am?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Good work with the Ars Christine!:thumbsup:

Whenever BEAM, and especially energy, improve after a homeopathic medicine, the physical symptoms often gradually improve after that.

How did Koby sleep :zzz: last night, and how is he this am?

Thanks, Dr. Jeff. Did you mean Puls?

I dosed him twice of Puls 30c 5/Q - diarrhea still...Last dose of it was @ 5pm, then dinner @ 7pm, then diarrhea @ 8pm, 3:30am, then I dosed him Puls 30C 10/Q, diarrhea again @ 7am. Not drinking water [does it have it to do with the SQ fluid he received on Thursday (10/24/2019)?]..should I worry?

BEAM -so far the same.

I understand we need to look at the totality but the frequency of symptoms also matters correct?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hoorah about both your dosing of Ars and Puls!

If he's still having frequent urging to stool in addition to no further BEAM improvement, it's time to redose but using 10 succussions.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Christine. ?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff - I redosed Koby of Puls 30C 10/Q around 1:20pm and it's 2:55pm and he's exhibiting "semi new" symptoms - air licking and body stretching as in "downward dog pose" in Yoga. I gave him slippery elm around 2:20pm and he threw up about 10 minutes later, not digesting it. Does this call for a new remedy? ["semi new" - meaning he's had these symptoms before but NOT immediately before doses of Puls...hope that makes sense.]

Please note that he hasn't eaten anything today...as I'm trying fasting as he's not exhibiting any stress from fasting...yet. May I feed him some cooked food if he asks for food?

No diarrhea since the redose.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Was there any other change since the dose?

You might want to hold off on feeding anything as he vomited up the slippery elm.?

Is he drinking at all today?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
The most obvious changes were the licking of the air, lip smacking, and the stretching...vomiting of water followed by reverse sneezing.

He's not moving around too much.

He's not drinking as usual....a few sips at a time only then turns away from water.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You might want to make up a cup of 6c Ars and dose 5/Q-Tip every 15 min for up to 3 doses.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Yes! I do have a bottle already made, which he was on before switching to Phos 6c. I made that bottle back in early September.

Ok, I'll dose him now. Thank you, Dr. Jeff.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom