• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Puppy and kitten vaccination

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Cassie’s mama said:
I do not want to vaccinate if at all possible…

The decision about whether to vaccinate (or not) is really a question of risk assessment. Is your puppy at high risk (going to dog shows, exposure to lots of unknown dogs, frequent trips to the groomer or vet hospital)? Is she a toy dog that barely goes outside?

Personally I don't recommend vaccinations for my patients or I follow the minimal vaccination protocol for my clients that insist on vaccinating their puppies and kittens. A core (Distemper/Parvo) vacccine is given at 12 weeks of age. One booster follows in about 1 month and then again in 1 year (from the last vaccination).

The practice of routine annual “boosting” of vaccinations is no longer followed by any of the university vet schools. That’s because they are beginning to realize that these “benign” health maintenance can cause cancer, immune disruption and many chronic diseases. Holistic doctors however have known for many years how harmful over vaccination can be.

Read my document about raising a holistic pet How Can I Raise My Pet Holistically? for more general guidelines about healthy puppy rearing. The documents in my vaccination area of the info center will provide many more details about vaccination.

Above all, love and enjoy your puppy.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom