• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pre-Op & Post-Op Homeopathic Care for Feline Hysterectomy

K

kelley

Wondering what your recommendation might be as far as remedies, potencies, frequency, and method (ie. water dilution, succussion, etc.)?
Would you begin with Arnica and move on to Bel-p., alternate?
What symptoms would indicate using Bellis?
Also, assuming that many potencies are available, X, C, M, & LM, which potency do you feel is the most effective to use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
As you often hear us say - "It depends". There is no one right answer. I like to wait to give the arnica until after surgery, others give it before. Bellis is indicated for pain when Arnica does not help, if there are no other clear symptoms. For any post surgery unwanted behavior changes, Staphysagria is great.

Potency is whatever you have on hand. This is an acute problem, so fine to give 30c every few hours until your cat feels fine (which could be after one dose). Also great would be 200c or 1M one dose if you have on hand. The 30c may help more if not quite the correct medicine, since the higher potencies are deeper acting and more laser like.

While dry is fine, the water dilution, or even inhalation, is preferable as when you shake it you are slightly changing the potency. If the remedy is correct, or even close, the vital force does best with a slight change in potency.

Dr. C

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Kelley-

As Dr. Christina says, dosing recommendations after surgery will vary.

Personally, I'd advise giving one dose of Arnica 10M (or the highest potency you have) the night before surgery.

Then succuss and repeat as often as needed post-op if you see any drop in BEAM, restlessness, hiding, etc.

In addition to the Bellis and Staphy., also consider Hypericum which especially corresponds to nerve pain.

This is a nice article (though I disagree with the dry dosing that the author used).

Also, here's a short video that demonstrates succussions.

Let us know how your kitty does.

Dr. Jeff

Last edited:

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm getting the same article for both links. Not seeing the video.

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry about that Kristen.

Here's the succussion video:

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Kristen!

Kelley, how'd your kitty do with he surgery?

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom