• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pre-Kidney Diseased Pets

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
I'd love some advise from the HA experts:

Would you recommend any diet changes or remedies if you were told my CAT's blood test (XENA) from yesterday pre-Dental showed
  • high PROTEIN levels
  • CREATININE to be on the high-normal scale? (test results are attached)
Thanks

Attachments

• Xena - Dental and Blood Test 12 04 2019 from Sango.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 4

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I would do these 2 things Donna:

1 - Repeat bloods through an external reference lab (preferably Idexx so you can run their early kidney dis-ease test)

2 - Have a urinalysis sent out with it at the same time (the urine concentration and presence of protein are even more sensitive indicators of early kidney dis-ease than blood tests)

No particular diet changes except to continue the restriction, weight loss and raw diet.

BTW-Do you know what the red strike out areas of the vet record (that you posted) says?

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi @Dr. Jeff - the red X's were incorrect information... so I striked it out and typed in the correct information (ie. current diet is raw). I will get my vet to repeat the blood and do Urine analysis, thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
:thumbsup: ?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom