• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pipers paw

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Piper is a 4 1/2 year old Great Dane who lost her eyes from Glaucoma as a baby and yes Dr Jeff treated her. As I stated last night we were so focused on her eyes as a baby and neglected the weekly nail trims DANES need so they don’t end up like her hating to have her nails trimmed. Sunday she had been playing outside and was barely limping when she came in so I gave her Arnica as I thought she had overdone it. Monday she was holding her paw up and around one toe is was swollen. Her BEAM was off as she acted fearful and hiding. She ate well. As instructed I gave her Hypericum last night two doses. She slept well and was up to go out this morning. She is not limping and the swelling is reduced by a minuscule amt so I redosed her again at 5 am. She ate well but still runs away if I try to look at her foot. When this is done I know I need to muzzle her and trim all nails. I usually just get to do one at a time before she freaks.

105390F8-CE5C-4CAD-88CF-54AB3641D117.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy.

Did you redose this morning?

If so, do you see any change in the swelling (or otherwise) since then??

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Judy.

Did you redose this morning?

If so, do you see any change in the swelling (or otherwise) since then??
I did redose yesterday and this morning as only small amt of swelling went down. She is still very blah but eating well. If she thinks I’m going to touch her foot she runs and tries to hide under the dining room table.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I did redose yesterday and this morning as only small amt of swelling went down. She is still very blah but eating well. If she thinks I’m going to touch her foot she runs and tries to hide under the dining room table.
I also should note that with the changing seasons she gets skin lesions which we have previously dosed with Silica Q1. I have not started it yet and wondered if I should?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom