• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Piper 8 1/2 year old Great Dane

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
This week Piper got up and wouldn’t/couldn’t lift her head up all the way. She has also been having a flare up of her Pemphigus so her skin is affected. Took her in to regular vet for bloodwork etc. 4 DX negative. U/A normal. Stool negative but said hookworm ova present, moderate.
Bloodwork Eosinophils 5.977
Basophils .0417
Total protein 7.9
Globulin. 4.7
Alt. 502
AST. 126
Alp. 245
I have consulted w Dr Jeff but wanted to put it out here as well.
They want to do ultrasound to see if mass on her liver etc.
it’s always troubling for me to just drop her off somewhere because she is totally blind from congenital glaucoma and gets frightened.
Also sent out rabies titer (god knows why?)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Piper's new health challenge Judy.

Please let us know what the ultrasound reveals.

BTW-You may not need to drop her off for the ultrasound, e.g. with Dr. Forman at Cornell or at VREC in Norwalk.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm sorry to hear about Piper's new health challenge Judy.

Please let us know what the ultrasound reveals.

BTW-You may not need to drop her off for the ultrasound, e.g. with Dr. Forman at Cornell or at VREC in Norwalk.
I will look into that as well.
I just looked back and 12/9/29
Alt was 69
AST was 18
Alp was 139
Quite a difference

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Well I finally went today to Davis Companion Animal Hospital in Woodbury because he allowed me to go in For ultrasound. She behaved perfectly even on her back because I was with her and she felt comfortable. He did not see any masses or cancer which is good. He is also calling Dr Falk at Cornell to follow up with her and update her on Pipers issues. He is not convinced it is a Pemphigus flare up but she def has secondary skin infection.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting here so others can see the process of working integratively - with a homeopathic veterinarian and the best of conventional and advocating strongly for your dog (eg - must be able to go with to the ultrasound). Let us know what Dr. Jeff recommends and keep us posted.

I know you are also:
1. Keeping positive thoughts
2. focusing on happiness in every moment
3. Starting some energy healing. Are you doing Eden energy, Reiki, tui Na?

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Now her rabies titer came back less than .1
Not what I was hoping for. Thoughts?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
A titer reflects antibodies. If there are any present (even less than 1), cell mediated immunity is present which will generate the antibodies if exposure happens.

In the last part of this technical article Dr. Dodds describes this in detail

Legally titers never apply, so that is a different question I will let Dr. Jeff answer since he is working with Piper.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
A titer reflects antibodies. If there are any present (even less than 1), cell mediated immunity is present which will generate the antibodies if exposure happens.

In the last part of this technical article Dr. Dodds describes this in detail

Legally titers never apply, so that is a different question I will let Dr. Jeff answer since he is working with Piper.
Thank you

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Poor Piper can’t catch a break. Appt w Dr Jeff tomorrow. Recently tried Thuja and Lycopodium at different times. Worse

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
The specific reactions (as you know) and timing of them after the Thuja and Lycopodium may help Dr. Jeff with tomorrow's appointment.

Also, really think about any possible triggers and unusual symptoms, even if old ones. Finding the similimum can be challenging and worth it.

And patience & persistence, of course.

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
The specific reactions (as you know) and timing of them after the Thuja and Lycopodium may help Dr. Jeff with tomorrow's appointment.

Also, really think about any possible triggers and unusual symptoms, even if old ones. Finding the similimum can be challenging and worth it.

And patience & persistence, of course.

Dr. Christina
Thank you. I just want some relief for this poor girl

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom