• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Phytates and cancer

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
On tonight's (12/16/19) webinar featuring oncologist Dr. Kendra Pope, we discussed many different topics.

Everything from why certain pets may be predisposed (Dr. Kendra once treated a 6 week old pup with cancer!) to risk reduction and management of the dis-ease.

@JoanD asked a question about phytates (aka IP6) which can be a very useful adjunct both for prevention as well as treatment.

Here's a great phytate article from Dr. Gregor at nutritionfacts.org:

I highly recommend his site as a source of reliable info.

He has many awe-some videos as well, such as this one about phytates and cancer:

His wonderful book "How Not to Die" is also an excellent resource:

JoanD

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks so much for looking into this further Dr. Jeff! I was originally told about using phytates to halt cancer progression by a naturopath in Australia who was trained at the Gerson Institute. Her patients are mostly cancer patients living 10 years plus after diagnosis. She advocates a low fat, vegan diet for people with the disease. Dr. Kim Vanderlinden of Hope Science Research has a product containing IP6 that not only keeps tumors from growing, it has also been reversing bone loss in humans. Another product from Hope Science helps both people and animals with dental, gum and mobility (arthritis) issues. Attached is his book in PDF and some articles to go along with the ones you mentioned. I really have enjoyed HA! guest speakers and continue to learn so much. Thank you.

Attachments

• IP6 pdf of book.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Low Bone Density - Any Natural Options.pdf
    851.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Melanoma Case report, Khurana 2019 (1).pdf
    158.9 KB · Views: 3

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Joan.

I searched Dr. Kim's site for any relevant Active Again research he says they have and kept coming up with this page which doesn't have any of the studies:

Please share any papers that you may have.

The older fatty acid products didn't help arthritis as much as omega-3 fatty acids.

Thanks.

JoanD

VIP Member
Registered
From my experience and from what I was told by calling the phone number on his site, Dr. Vanderlinden doesn't answer emails due to the number he has been receiving but he will respond to phone calls Monday and Friday. I would love to know more about the Active Again product since we've been using it. So far so good with both my husband and Sera.

JoanD

VIP Member
Registered
Neither Sera nor my husband's health issues respond to dietary omega 3s.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Please let us know if it helps Joan.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom