• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ozone Therapy for treating a tumor on a paw

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
Above is the link to a Youtube video that I made after purchasing an Ozone machine. My standard schnauzer (age 10) has/had two tumors on both the right and left front paws. Both tumors were pushing the bone on the inside as seen via XRAY. At the time (6 months ago) nothing was visible on the outside other than deformed nails growing at a weird angle. I was advised to remove the larger tumor on the left paw and not remove the smaller one on the right. Removal of the tumor on the right would cause problems with walking. So I had the tumor on the left removed. I did not do a culture of the tumor because 7 days prior to surgery she was given an antibiotic. Since I am a medical technologist and a Microbiologist I knew that the culture report would be NO GROWTH because it would be collected after giving antibiotics. I also refused to have the biopsy test done to determine if the tumor was cancerous. That is because it did not matter. I was not going to do chemotherapy. Now 6 months later the tumor on the right paw has pushed out of the toe area and is visible. Prior to that time I was giving her (Raisin) immune support supplements such as Life One, probiotics, NuVet Plus vitamins and Fucopia. She also eats lots of kale. I vary her diet with raw heart or chicken wings and kibble. Raisin does chew on the tumor and that may be why it does bleed. About 2 weeks ago I started using ozonated olive oil on the tumor after soaking her paw in callendula tincture mixed with water. I also started giving her Thuja 30C twice a day. Since it may take some time to see any improvement I decided to purchase an ozone machine and add that as additional therapy. Her first treatment was on Friday 3/27/20 and her second one today 3/30/20. I also purchased ozonated olive oil suppositories and gave her one of those rectally today. So we shall see what happens. I am not sure if I should try to keep the tumor bandaged. I have tried doing it but she eventually pulls it off. So maybe it is better to have the tumor exposed to the air??

Tumor March 14th 2020 (2).JPG

Raisin Ozone treatment.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for posting these videos Cindy.

Raisin is one lucky girl to have you as her mom!

Yes, if the tumor is moist like this it is best to dry it out in the air vs. cover it.

You can use green tea to clean and slightly fry it. Corn starch will dry it even further.

You can also spray it with magnesium oil which can also help it dry out and heal any oozing spots.

Yunnan Baiyao powder is a Chinese herbal product that you can also coat it with to dry and decrease bleeding and oozing.

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
Raisin's BEAM is great so I do not think she is having any pain. However when she runs she keeps the paw up and runs on three legs. I have seen her gnaw on the tumor so I wonder if it is itching rather than causing pain. She does not do that much anymore. Are those tumors typically painful or does it depend?Are there any nerves that could be compressed in the toe region? Thanks for the advice regarding magnesium oil, green tea and cornstarch. What about tumeric powder?

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
I do have the Yunnan Baiyao. I have been mixing it with a little ozonated olive oil and applying that to the tumor. Bleeding may be decreased but the area is moist until she licks it off. Thanks for the link.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Cindy.

Yes, the tumor area, which has lots of nerves, may be sensitive.

Raisin may be feeling anything from a slight intermittent tingling, to itching, to throbbing, etc.

Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and supportive herb to use. Both orally as well as topically as a paste.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes!

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
I decided to add soaking the paw in soursop tea instead of green tea. I grow that tropical tree so I have fresh leaves. Apparently soursop (Annona muricata) has some anticancer properties. And the paw was definitely itching. Lots of coconut oil rubbed on the tumor and adjacent area of the leg seems to be giving her relief. Thank you for letting me know about the itching.

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff can you find out what the recommended ozone concentration should be for treating tumors? I have done 14 treatments. There appears to be some reduction but it is hard to tell. Today I decided to increase the ozone concentration from 33 ug/ml to 54 ug /ml.

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff and/or @Dr. Sara -- tagging onto this thread with a question about Yunnan Baiyao. During last night's Empower Hour in the chat, Dr. Sara suggested using it for external bleeding. I forget the exact situation. I used some powder from a capsule just now on the bleeding 'wart' behind his ear.

Any suggested frequency for applying it? I tried magnesium oil there a while back. It almost seems like the drying factor made him scratch that area more so more bleeding.

Thanks!

Kristen

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Yunnan BaiYao can be applied as needed to any bleeding - 'quicked' nail, small skin tears, growths that are scratched open. Usually you only need it a few times a day. If anything is bleeding more than that, it likely needs more comprehensive medical attention.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Jonathon!

KaraK

All-Access Member
Registered
did you have any success with the ozonated olive oil on the tumor?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Kara!

Yes, depending on the situation, ozonated olive can help when applied directly on the tumor.

If I recall last year's discussion with @cindypinera, she had partial responses to it but maybe we'll hear more about her experiences in the next few days.

KaraK

All-Access Member
Registered
thanks, wondering because my cat has a mass in her ear and i got ozonated olive oil for it I've used it a little but its hard because its in her ear

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Does she love any special treats or massaging that you can give her when you use the ozonated oil in her ear?

@Dr. Christina, @Dr. Jean or @Gail Pope may have other suggestions.

KaraK

All-Access Member
Registered
i will try massaging, she's very sensitive with her ears after a long history of ear infections and a carcinoma removed from the other ear a few years ago and now with this new mass in the other ear likely being the same thing, so she's over the ears being touched lol

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You might be best then just leaving her ears alone.

The reason is that discomfort and stress can lower the cellular energy she needs to heal.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom