• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Oxygen Tank for Ozone Therapy - safety concerns

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina,

Thank you for tonight’s Empowered Hour by Dr. Roman.

I am very interested in giving Koby ozone therapy but I, perhaps like most people, was afraid working (and keeping at home) Pure Oxygen! :oops: How should we store the tank safely?

Also, I did some research and found some good articles (for example, here: Ozonated Water) and a video by Dr. Roman demonstrating how to use the machine and such…I found it to be very helpful and hope this can benefit others here on the Forum:

Here’s a link I copied from FaceBook:

<iframe src="Facebook" width="500" height="787" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

After reading and watching…I still don’t know how much to give and how often though…Again, I don’t have a vet that offers ozone therapy in my area …Dr. Katie Kangas is 2-hours away :( Koby does not do well in car rides…so that’s not an option. I will give her a call tomorrow to see if something can be done (guidance) via phone.

Would the ozonated olive oil FOR SNIFFING a good starter to try?

Thanks,
Christine

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Christine! ?

Store the tank away from other flammable material or high heat, e.g. away from a furnace or propane tank.

The corner of most rooms or a corner in the garage is fine.

Dr. Roman advises using a welding oxygen tank with a pediatric regulator.

O3 vets provides protocols and support.

I believe Longevity does as well.

I'm just now comparing units myself.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, @Dr. Jeff for the info - please share your findings re the units :)

Do you know how to determine the concentration and frequency of ozone therapy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Christine!

Regarding the concentration that will depend on the generator.

I'm just now trying to get that info from one of the companies Dr. Margo mentioned (Longevity).

IMHO, like exposure to sunshine and fresh air, you can't really overdo the frequency.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi I found this website through O3Vets and they're offering sample for Pet Liniment - an ozonated ointment for pets with skin issues:

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff I spoke with someone from Dr. Katie's office - they highly recommend ozone therapy for Koby at 25cc, even on a daily basis (like you said). It would be more effective than an oxygen chamber.

Have you made your purchase yet?

I then spoke to o3Vets .... they're offering Black Friday discounts (10%) right now.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I have not purchased the Quantum 3 from Longevity yet.

You may want to ask Jonathan from O3 vets what the negative ion output is of his Hummingbird ozone generator is.

The negative ions are used to generate the ozone.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I have not purchased the Quantum 3 from Longevity yet.

You may want to ask Jonathan from O3 vets what the negative ion output is of his Hummingbird ozone generator is.

The negative ions are used to generate the ozone.

Thanks, Dr. Jeff - I will find out re the output from o3vets.
I've just reached out to Longevity as well.

Last edited:

KellyB

All-Access Member
Registered
With regard to ozone I tried calling a welding supply (Airgas) and asked about medical oxygen which was obviously the wrong thing to say because they told me they don’t deal with medical oxygen, that I’d have to go through a medical professional.

Do you just ask for an oxygen tank? If so, what is a good size?

Thanks!

Kelly

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes (just ask for a tank)!

Whichever size that's right for you is the best.

The one advantage of a medical supply oxygen is that they usually have smaller and more manageable, tanks.

Here's more info:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom