• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ozone Therapies for Pets

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone!

Medical uses of ozone have been around for awhile and are becoming more and more popular with veterinarians and human docs.

We'll discuss many of the uses of ozone during the next Empower Hour! webinar (9/2/19 for anyone searching the archives).

Use this thread to discuss your comments and questions about ozone.

Below is some great info from Dr. Margo Roman at Mashvet.com:

Ozone therapy is one of the most positive approaches to healing. When you have inflammation, swelling, infection, bruising, and even cancer there is higher amounts of CO2 within the tissue. When we give ozone it brings in Oxygen into the tissue and displaces the CO2 and inflammation, infection and bruising goes down. Ozone is a very effective treatment in acute and chronic viral diseases, acting as a virucidal agent and in improving the general health of animals.

It is also effective for acute and chronic bacterial diseases, including those that do not respond well to antibiotics. These bacterial diseases include leptospirosis, Lyme disease, brucellosis, botulism and septicemia. Ozone can effectively relieve acute “asthmatic” attacks, as well as reverse the allergic component from the inhalation of molds, dust and other allergens. Perhaps the most exciting application of ozone is as an effective adjunct to high-PH therapy for leukemias, lymphomas and other malignancies.

Ozone may be administered by body bagging, bagging of the affected limb, inhalation, rectal insufflation, or by direct intravenous or subcutaneous administration of ozonated saline. Treatments are usually done for several consecutive days or weeks and can be done in the office with the owner present. It relieves pain and allows the tissue to heal as it is bathed in oxygen. We deliver ozone in several different ways. With a saline subcutaneous fluid is the most common way. We also give as a gas when we bag an affected limb. It can also be given in the ear canal for infection. Most of our clients feel the effects are so helpful and positive.

We have had numerous cases of Lyme disease recover without the use of antibiotics or NSAID anti-inflammatory drugs. Ozone, when used in conjunction with joint support and homeopathy, is offering patients a real alternative for Lyme treatment. We are also providing this super-oxygenation protocol for our chronic renal failure and cancer cases.

Here's even more info from her if you would like to take a deeper-dive into this supportive therapy:

Below is a reliable article specifically about ozone for cancer:

I look forward to answering your questions and seeing you on Monday.

Dr. Erin

Veterinarian
I am excited to join the forum and talk about ozone therapy on Monday! We currently use ozone as topical therapy, rectally and intravenously. It’s ability to aid in fighting infection and potentiate antibiotics in complicated cases is pretty amazing. Ozone therapy also is a mainstay in our chronically ill patients.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Dr. Erin!

Are pet parents able to benefit from ozone treatments even if their local vet doesn't use ozone in practice?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, thanks for sharing some great information during your webinar @Dr. Erin!

During it, you answered my question and many more.

Tonight, @Dr. Christina mentioned that she thought it was OK to use ozone along with homeopathy and that its use was not suppressive,

I agree 100% that ozone is OK to use because it doesn't stop symptoms, and helps almost everything.

There's even some evidence that the negative ions used when converting O2 to the O3 of ozone are directly related to Vitality and and are therefore intrinsically beneficial.

Stay tuned...

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello @Dr. Erin Thank you for the wonderful and informative Empower Hour! You mentioned that the ozonated water, for example, do not last very long. How about ozonated olive oils? Since ozone therapy is very new to me and I don't believe I have vets in my area that provides this modality, I thought I could try something topical at home to start with. I looked up the olive oils online (o3Vets) but the website doesn't say what the oil can be used for specifically....my pup has some fatty warts on his back...may I use the oil on those warts? (He's currently going through homeopathic treatment by Dr. Jeff and is doing wonderfully...getting his vital force in balanced :) ) In the meantime, since ozone therapy does not interfere with homeopathy, I thought to give it a try on him topically at home. Thank you for your time! Stay safe in Florida!?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Go Koby!? ??

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yes, Dr. Jeff and everyone, pets can certainly benefit from at home treatments from O3vets.com.
The olive oil, as Dr. Erin said, can be used topically, in the mouth and in the ears. It is very stable - probably for years (one study said 8 years).

Remember, though, that we do not want to focus on removing superficial/skin symptoms like warts. I would not suggest using any topical unless the warts are itchy, bleeding or otherwise causing discomfort. The best is when we see superficial skin symptoms go away from internal treatment - then we know the body has gotten very healthy.

I would not hesitate to use the topical ozone for any skin/ear condition that is causing discomfort.

Keep asking your local hands on vet to explore ozone. Many conventional vets are getting the machine. o3Vets but I bet there a lot more. 100 are listed at the AHVMA find a vet site.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom