• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Overwhelmed

JaneS

VIP Member
Registered
I feel overwhelmed with all the advice about raw food. I order my ground chicken bones in organs from a place called Hare Today. It’s very reliable. But only one cat will eat that food the rest will only eat canned Fancy Feast. Is there anything I can make maybe cooked that they will like that’s good for my two kidney guys? I also would like some supplement such as kidney support. I don’t know why my vet doesn’t suggest this instead of just waiting and watching the kidney disease progress

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I totally understand your overwhelm. I feel that way about my own diet and supplements. While I love to eat almost anything, I seem to be pressured by this group, or that doctor, or that friend to eat something that the other says not to eat.

And supplements - how many should I take? There is certainly a lot of great and yet overwhelming information out there.

First, FOOD. Be easy on yourself. There is no one correct answer. You hear on the calls and see in this forum that people are feeding different foods successfully. You know friends who have very old cats who ate just dry food. So RELAX.

Set a goal of offering fresh foods to all your cats - when they are hungry and you have time. The original cat maven - Anitra Frazier writes in all her editions of The Natural cat about transitioning. Her older books had too many grains cause that was all we knew back then. "Keep the thought in your conscious mind of the nutritional soundness of the diet and how delicious it is. Your own vibes of approval will be communicated to your cats. " And there is much more about your mindset, smacking your lips, etc.

What to offer - everything and anything fresh, especially local and organic. Meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, bagel with cream cheese, pizza, oatmeal, anything you are eating. Often they like fish of any sort (kitty Kavier is just flaked Bonito), tuna is fine as a taste temp (not as whole diet). All of these can be cooked and raw. Whatever you are preparing or what's on your plate. Just a little bit. If not liked by anyone - not much to throw away. 30 minutes you can then feed their regular meal.

Spend a month just having fun. Relax about this.

Keep reading, not just for cooked recipes or "how to do it" but to be inspired by the stories and to get ideas - oh - yeast and butter may be good!

Schedule one of your 15 minute free consults with faculty to talk about diet.

Your conventional vet can only offer what they know. Kitties with renal failure really need to be seen by a holistic vet. If no good ones locally, veterinary homeopaths, including Dr. Jeff, can consult by phone (this is not the free 15 minute one, but a full patient/doctor relationship).

Dr. C

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed Jane, and thanks for the great reply Dr. Christina.

Yes Jane. You will see lots of different opinions about diet, and just about everything else, in medicine.

That's because the answer always depends on the context of the situation.

However one thing never varies. It's always important to build and preserve vitality whenever you can. Feeding raw and fresh (lightly cooked) food is one of the best ways to do this.

Mix as much fresh or raw foods in with the FF as you can.

Even tho you are trying to practice proactive prevention for your kitties with early kidney dis-ease.

Using a glandular product containing heart and kidney is another wonderful way to add lots of essential nutrients and balance:

Also, you'll find lots of other feeding tips and recipes throughout the member site and forum.

Last, when you talk to me or one of the other HA! faculty in November, we can help shed light on any area that is overwhelming.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom