• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Organon 246 and Dosing Homeopathic Medicines for Pets and People

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I have been remiss, since the pandemic, in keeping up with posting Organon paragraphs on the forum.

Therefore, this one jumps far ahead of the others. The reason for the fast forward through the Organon is that this aphorism will help put Monday's 10/26/20 discussion of homeopathic dosing into context.

This aphorism helps define the 6th Organon compared to previous editions.

Dr. Hahnemann says it himself:

...What I said in the fifth edition of the organon...was all the experience I then had justified...

Yet for various reasons, this edition of the Organon was not published until 1921 which was after many of the most influential homeopaths lived.

Therefore, most dosing methods of the master homeopaths were based on the first five editions of the Organon.

These methods were based on the "wait and watch" Organon methods of the first 5 editions.

However, in the final years before his death, Hahnemann experimented and used what he called the "perfect" homeopathic remedy.

Dosing was based on the middle path (or "as needed") dose. Instead of watch and wait or routine repetition of the dose.

This potency used a different preparation method than the prior medicines that Hahnemann used.

Only those homeopaths who were very close to Hahnemann, like Baron Clemens von. Boennighausen, knew about these new potencies which were given in water instead of as dry pellets.

These ultra-diluted homeopathic medicines are usually called LM.

That's because most translations of the Organon (which was not written in English) use the Roman Numerals L and M.

However, since the Roman Numerals "LM" equals 950, the more accurate name, which means 1:50,000, is quintamillesimal or Q potencies.

They can act more gently and deeply (a winning combo. IMHO).

Here's what Sammy H. says about his Q potencies:

Every perceptibly progressive and strikingly increasing amelioration during treatment is a condition which, as long as it lasts, completely precludes every repetition of the administration of any medicine whatsoever, because all the good the medicine taken continues to effect is now hastening towards its completion. This is not infrequently the cause in acute diseases, but in more chronic diseases, on the other hand, a single dose of an appropriately selected homoeopathic remedy will at times complete even with but slowly progressive improvement and give the help which such a remedy in such a case can accomplish naturally within 40, 50, 60, 100 days. This is, however, but rarely the case; and besides, it must be a matter of great importance to the physician as well as to the patient that were it possible, this period should be diminished to one-half, one-quarter, and even still less, so that a much more rapid cure might be obtained. And this may be very happily affected, as recent and oft-repeated observations have taught me under the following conditions: firstly, if the medicine selected with the utmost care was perfectly homoeopathic; secondly, if it is highly potentized, dissolved in water and given in proper small dose that experience has taught as the most suitable in definite intervals for the quickest accomplishment of the cure but with the precaution, that the degree of every dose deviate somewhat from the preceding and following in order that the vital principle which is to be altered to a similar medicinal disease be not aroused to untoward reactions and revolt as is always the case[SUP]1[/SUP] with unmodified and especially rapidly repeated doses.

1 What I said in the fifth edition of the organon, in a long note to this paragraph in order to prevent these undesirable reactions of the vital energy, was all the experience I then had justified. But during the last four or five years, however, all these difficulties are wholly solved by my new altered but perfected method. The same carefully selected medicine may now be given daily and for months, if necessary in this way, namely, after the lower degree of potency has been used for one or two weeks in the treatment of chronic disease, advance is made in the same way to higher degrees, (beginning according to the new dynamization method, taught herewith with the use of the lowest degrees).

Dosing based on this edition of the Organon is called using Hahnemann's Advanced Methods".

There's lots of great experience and reports from master healers that practice using them.

David Little is a modern-day Hahnemannian scholar and literally has written volumes about them.

Some of them are free online at:

For very serious students, I can highly recommend David's 6 volume "Homeopathic Compendium" from his Friends of Health website:

compendium little.png

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here are some more thoughts on dosing to ponder and discuss in this thread and on the webinar:

dr_ judy herman

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I was taught to give a dry dose and to watch and wait. The first week or two was a roller coaster of symptoms getting better than an aggravation of a symptom then improvement again. It was easier for me to follow if it were my companion but not for my pet parents. By moving to liquid dosing and giving a test dose then wait, I have found the improvement in my patients to be quicker and gentler than before. I have been studying the sixth organon for over a decade now. It makes much more sense to me. Also, it is clear that each patient needs to be treated with the potency and dosing for them specifically. The test dose gives me a lot of information about my patient's vitality and how to proceed with frequency of dosing.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for making this important point @dr_ judy herman!

I agree 110% that the test dose is super important.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom