• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New kitten

JennieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi
We just took in a new kitten. He and his two siblings were found tied in a plastic bag along side the highway.?? He was taken to a vet to be checked over and dewormed and it looks like he was given Advantage Multi purple (I am assuming is the dewormer) and capstan blue flea tablet. On the sheet we received it says coccidia/ Giardia not done. My husbands friend who found them was giving them a kibble and we have some of that and I’d like to change him to raw. I do need something that is easily accessible to us and our local pet store has primal raw and Stella and chewys. I am concerned about the transition but he is crazy active and does not seem to have any issues except he has sneezed a few times and had a slight goopy eye which went away. I will begin to slowly add this to the kibble and I am wondering if some goats milk would be appropriate?
They were unsure of the age but on the paper dated 7/6 a guesstimate of 9 weeks was made.
I will need to take him for a check up and I do not want any vaccines for him. I saw in another post a check for feline leukemia should be done?
This was very unexpected of us taking him in especially with our Banjo but the story broke my heart. My youngest son adores him.
here is a couple pictures of “Chad” .?

FD8DA6F6-B573-4DB5-96EA-C34BF75995BB.jpeg

99943DE5-9E7E-44C6-9A4C-30F56F0FCEF2.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
OMG, Chad is too cute and sweet-looking!?

Thank you so much for rescuing him Jennie. What a horrific start he had but boy is he a lucky fellow. Please also thank your husband's friend for me.?

Primal would be my choice of food, but let's see what cat experts @Dr. Jean and @robinafolson say.

Goats milk is great to give him!

I would definitely do leukemia and FIV tests before he and Banjo have too much interaction.

JennieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Ok will set up for that testing and check into the resources you posted on
another post about introducing a new kitty,, as he and Banjo don’t like each other. Banjo grew up around 2 cats continually and was really good to our cat who just died in April. I think it’s more Chad not liking the dog.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What does Chad do?

It might be best now to separate them. For now.

JennieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Yup, We are keeping them separated… poor Chad (is having to live in my sons room and in the office with my husband while he is working all day?
He hisses and spits like crazy when he sees banjo so we just keep them from seeing each other as much as possible. But he does have free roam of the house all night long while Banjo is in our room with the door shut.
He totally takes advantage of that free roaming and jumping on my son Jonah through the night wanting to play??? he is crazy playful .
Poor Jonah, luckily he’s on summer break!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom