• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

MoJo metronidazole

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello, I am new so please forgive any mistakes. I am writing this to figure out how to help my French bulldog MoJo. He is 16 months. When I received him in October 2019 he had roundworms. He was dewormed three times over four months after third deworming poop never got firm he was put on metronidazole and we went from bad to worse.I won’t bore you with all the test but no one could find anything. Small intestines slightly enlarged, b12 low even though he gets a regular dose of b12. I rotate five different probiotics all from dogs naturally. He gets a cooked organic diet, colostrum, psyllium husk(organic), and gut soothe, calcium ( eggshells). I am waiting on the biome test for the gut to come back. Today was the first day I got the gut restore pill in him he can smell the poop or that it is from another dog, I’m not sure which but now he is not eating well, he has a lot of mucus in poop and if he throws up which has happened about ten times in last six months but it usually is not food just mucus. I am sure it is his biome but do not know how to get him to feel better, and eat better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Everyone here has been so kind and helpful already ( I am computer illiterate). To all that have helped me sign up and get here to post thank you. To Dr. Jeff who personally called me thank you. Oh and MoJo says thank you for any insight into his problem. I know I am probably missing info on this subject already in the forum I will search through tomorrow and read up on anything I can find. I also have all records of all test mojo has had. Sincerely,Cherie

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
Hi, Cherie, so glad you figured out how to post here! Could you answer a few questions so we get a better picture of what's going on with MoJo:
1) How is his BEAM? (His Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood )
2) That's amazing that you are feeding him organic cooked diet - can you please describe more in detail what exactly he eats?
3) Besides the deworming medicine and antibiotics he's received, what is the situation with vaccinations and other medicines/chemicals? Has he been immunised, when, any other medications he receives?
Thank you, and I hope we can help you solve this mystery. (And you've already done so much - amazing job!)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for making your first post, Cherie. And for the amazing chat about MoJo earlier today!

Aruna asks some fantastic questions!

I'll look forward to your replies after you have a chance to browse the Fun-damentals course and some of the other resources.

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Good morning Aruna, His behavior is the good although sleeping during the day more than usual. Energy is low during the day but much better at night when everyone comes home. He will go for an hour walk with my husband and come home and play till we go to bed. Appetite not so good he use to eat three times a day now i can get him to eat a freezer dried chicken breast or treat during the day then at night we will do anything to get him to eat my husband usually succeeds hand feeding him. His mood is good when up. As far as his diet goes he would eat mostly chicken( his favorite) but now will not eat it, I roast it. He will eat pork,turkey, beef, salmon, veg he likes celery carrots green peppers asparagus potato’s rice egg noodles eggs. For treats he gets human grade pumpkin and banana treats, freezed dried turkey hearts freezer dried beef liver dried chicken breast. He likes all fruit but unless I mash he will just like for the juice. He was vaccinated for rabies, parvovirus, distemper. Only wanted to get rabies but was told I could not go to this holistic vet unless I got all three. One time, will be titter testing. No meds right now he was on the metronidazole for three weeks 250 mg. which never worked made him much worse. And for one or two days he was on cerenia 24 mg for ulcers. Tried pro pectalin he threw it right up. He was on three dewormer ivermectin, drontal was the second, panacur was the third he did not do well with any of them he was very sick diarrhea all night and crying. Never any frontline and only twice with heart worm med because she said it would help with roundworm coming back. Also something I did not mention when I got mojo he had mites walking dandruff I got rid of them using bio hex shampoo then rinsing him with colloidal silver. I can not think of anything else he received. When he was in ER ( we thought may have swallowed something causing diarrhea, he is a Frenchie) they gave him a b12 shot which did firm up poop for two or three weeks. But even supplimenting with b vitamins in his multi and giving extra dose of cobalequin poop still went soft again. Thank you for your time and all your help, very appreciated. Cherie

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Just thought I would add we have had a lot of ear scratching even though his ears are clean

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, Cherie, so glad you figured out how to post here! Could you answer a few questions so we get a better picture of what's going on with MoJo:
1) How is his BEAM? (His Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood )
2) That's amazing that you are feeding him organic cooked diet - can you please describe more in detail what exactly he eats?
3) Besides the deworming medicine and antibiotics he's received, what is the situation with vaccinations and other medicines/chemicals? Has he been immunised, when, any other medications he receives?
Thank you, and I hope we can help you solve this mystery. (And you've already done so much - amazing job!)
hi Aruna, first and foremost thank you for all your help. I answered all questions right away but I posted under you and dr. Jeff’s post I did not even see that I should hit the reply button. I do not even text so sorry I am making this so difficult. Can you see where I posted or should I rewrite everything here. I do not know how to attach anything. Thank you for your patience and sorry again,Cherie

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks so much for making your first post, Cherie. And for the amazing chat about MoJo earlier today!

Aruna asks some fantastic questions!

I'll look forward to your replies after you have a chance to browse the Fun-damentals course and some of the other resources.
Thank you Dr. Jeff I posted everything under your post did not even realize I was suppose to hit reply on your post first. Sorry I am trying to learn quickly. I do not text or use a cell phone. Thank you for the phone call the other night you are very kind. MoJo is the same right now our biggest concern is just getting him to eat. I have been using Bach rescue and he is enjoying his massages. But for now he just really wants the dehydrated chicken I think it absorbs the extra liquid in his gut as it is so dry. Have a great weekend thank you again for being so kind. Be well,Cherie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Cherie. And you're doing great regarding figure out how to post on the forum!

Regarding his not eating, I wonder if he ever acts hungry?

Does he sniff the food and walk away from it? Does he take a bite and not finish it?

Regarding using Mojo's symptom clues to help his health challenges, I wonder if you've had a chance to review any of the homeopathy info at the main site?

Also, get your questions ready for Monday's Q&A webinar! Post them in this forum thread, if you prefer.

Have a wonderful weekend.

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
You're welcome, Cherie. And you're doing great regarding figure out how to post on the forum!

Regarding his not eating, I wonder if he ever acts hungry?

Does he sniff the food and walk away from it? Does he take a bite and not finish it?

Regarding using Mojo's symptom clues to help his health challenges, I wonder if you've had a chance to review any of the homeopathy info at the main site?

Also, get your questions ready for Monday's Q&A webinar! Post them in this forum thread, if you prefer.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Just a quick answer for you, yes he does seem like he is hungry sniffs then walks away. And just one more thing he wants to eat things I would never give him but my husband said let’s follow his lead. He wants cows whole milk and is digesting it? Cheese, butter. It’s the strangest thing I never had a dog do that. When I make my coffee in the morning he barks like crazy for it. This has only happened the past week or two since he has changed his eating. Please no need to answer, I am going to try my best to get on Monday my husband is home at that time so he can help me. Also I have read everything on digestion I could find but none really fit MoJo Although I could find one or two things for each remedy so I shot in the dark and ordered three different ones from Amazon I had an old,
,about five years podophyllum Peltatum Made a cup 30c two pellets tapped 10 times before each dose 3x every 15 min then we went to bed. Did not really notice any change but it is old and might not be right remedy. Talk to you Monday hopefully best wishes, Cherie

CherieD

All-Access Member
Registered
Just a quick answer for you, yes he does seem like he is hungry sniffs then walks away. And just one more thing he wants to eat things I would never give him but my husband said let’s follow his lead. He wants cows whole milk and is digesting it? Cheese, butter. It’s the strangest thing I never had a dog do that. When I make my coffee in the morning he barks like crazy for it. This has only happened the past week or two since he has changed his eating. Please no need to answer, I am going to try my best to get on Monday my husband is home at that time so he can help me. Also I have read everything on digestion I could find but none really fit MoJo Although I could find one or two things for each remedy so I shot in the dark and ordered three different ones from Amazon I had an old,
,about five years podophyllum Peltatum Made a cup 30c two pellets tapped 10 times before each dose 3x every 15 min then we went to bed. Did not really notice any change but it is old and might not be right remedy. Talk to you Monday hopefully best wishes, Cherie
Hi Dr. Jeff, sorry I have not answered but we are now in an emergency situation. My dog will not eat anything. He is losing weight. Our vet is apparently to busy to see my dog I expect to have to go to the ER just waiting to touch base with them at 10:00 am. The thing is I know it is B12 he needs, do not know why my dog won’t absorb b12 but I know it is what he needs. I will keep you posted on if we can manage to get him a b12 shot. Thank you so much for all the info you have shared with me. I will try to be on tomorrow night but please forgive me if I cannot be online at exactly 8:00 as our situation is so fluid right now. Best wishes, Cherie

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom