• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mindful Medicine Using Vitality, Balance and homeopathy

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
@LaurenZ and I were talking yesterday about the disconnect that exists in veterinary (and human) medicine.

She had an oncologist appointment after our evaluation, and felt that conventional recommendations and diagnostic testing are mutually exclusive from what we were discussing (Vitality, Balance and homeopathy).

This is a common misconception and exists among both veterinarians and pet parents.

Especially those who are focused either only on symptoms and individual organ dysfunction and the drugs that can modify them and those who are holistically and naturally-minded.

Many in both groups of people feel that the two areas are mutually exclusive.

You either use one set of tools or the other.

But they are not.

It is not one or the other, it is a mindful mixture of both. Integration not segregation.

Your pets’ overall health picture is best seen by balancing both parts of this equation (modern conventioanl knowledge vs. the ancient wisdom of Vitality and Balance).

As an example, my own journey into Vitality and Balance started many years before I learned about Vitality, Balance and homeopathy.

In 1987 I was 1 of 2 veterinarians handling all of the overnight and weekend emergencies for dozens of veterinarians in Fairfield County CT. This was in the before the rise of emergency and referral centers like VCA and Blue Pearl.

While working at the Emergency Veterinary Clinic (EVC) in Norwalk CT, I would routinely bridge the gap between the state-of the art medicine I learned in the large teaching hospital in Boston where I had studied after vet school.

I was able to do this by employing tools and medications that I had learned which were not yet being used (or even known about) in clinical vet practice.

This would involve weekly trips to see Bob the chief pharmacist at a nearby human hospital to get life-saving medications that were not otherwise available to vets.

Another example of how “unknown” medications and therapies (like homeopathy) can be life-saving is my use of the experimental drug 4- methylpyrazole to save lives of pets around the state who had been poisoned by lapping up the delicious but fatal elixir of antifreeze.

This medication was known to be an antidote to antifreeze poisoning, yet was not available for clinical use.

I needed to apply to the FDA to use this "investigational new drug" and was then able to offer it to other veterinarians throughout the state to help save their patients.

Years (and hundreds of saved pets) later 4-methypyrazole became widely available to veterinarians.

It was also another decade before I was able to connect the use of these “new” medications with helping my patients using homeopathic medicines.

These stories are other examples of how it can be life-saving for your pets to not “throw out the baby with the bath water” and think in terms of drug therapy to the exclusion of holistic and natural therapies like homeopathy.

The truth is that these can work together to give your pets’ the best of both worlds.

I’d love to hear any examples from your own pets.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom