• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Medication toxicity?

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Hello, We have a script for Fibi's leaking issues because the diaper presses against her spine and really screws her up in multiple ways.
The drug is Proin (chewable tabs). Could you tell me if this a very, moderately or a mildly toxic drug? Would you give it to your dog if they couldn't wear a diaper?

BTW- She is recovering and doing much better after the Vestibular episode. Thank you for all insights!
Sheri Silver

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great news that Fibi is recovering!
The drug is Proin (chewable tabs). Could you tell me if this a very, moderately or a mildly toxic drug?
Mild (I'd rank it as a 4/10 on the hierarchy of drug toxicity).
Would you give it to your dog if they couldn't wear a diaper?
Hmm, great question! If nothing else was helping (homeopathy, DHEA, etc.) then maybe (it would depend n the full context).

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks! I didn't know I could give Fibi DHEA for leaking.
Is there a dosage for a 10 pd female and would it work with the homeopathic remedy Belladonna30c?
This is the new remedy for the leaking that we're starting today.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I typically start with the lowest dose you can get.Especially for sensitive patients.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Sheri!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
DHEA (dihydroepiandrosterone) is a precursor hormone, out of which the body can manufacture the sex-linked hormones, which typically enhance strength and energy, "tightening" up the reproductive and urinary function. So, an interesting choice for a kittycat - and I am following.

Not sure how low a potency one can buy - but it comes in capsules, and you could always open one and use a portion.

The way such a supplement works will not interfere with the influence of a homeopathic remedy - it merely increases the body's ability to respond, as if adjusting the thermostat. The remedy will do what it does and we just watch for its influence.

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you so much Dr. Jean Hofve!
Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little on the yam product in particular please? How would I dispense this and where can I get it in an organic/wild form? This helps with urine leaking?
Much thanks,
Sheri

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I just get it at Whole Foods in capsules. Yam contains phytoestrogens, so will help make up for the lack of estrogen in a spayed dog. The label dosage is based on a 150# human, so you can calculate the amount for whatever your dog weighs. It takes a while to kick in, probably a few weeks. But worth a try.

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
DHEA (dihydroepiandrosterone) is a precursor hormone, out of which the body can manufacture the sex-linked hormones, which typically enhance strength and energy, "tightening" up the reproductive and urinary function. So, an interesting choice for a kittycat - and I am following.

Not sure how low a potency one can buy - but it comes in capsules, and you could always open one and use a portion.

The way such a supplement works will not interfere with the influence of a homeopathic remedy - it merely increases the body's ability to respond, as if adjusting the thermostat. The remedy will do what it does and we just watch for its influence.
I'm so sorry I missed that this was posted from you @GinnyW !
I just got the DHEA and started last night. I also spoke with Dr. Jeff about it a bit. I will post with results. Thank you for your insights!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom