• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Medication awareness

HealthyPet

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff had wanted me to share something that just happened to us this past week....

We had discussed trying Rimadyl for my corgi and when the Vet told me about the prescription she said she would write it for 25 mg ...we went to pick it up and they brought it out and the label said 25 mg as we had been told and the person who brought it out said 25 mg again. Thankfully the pill is easily marked itself because when we went to give it to her the pills were huge and clearly said 75 on them!! This was very scary because I don’t know what damage that amount could’ve done ( my first thought was that could’ve killed her )? .... I’m guessing Dr Jeff wanted me to share this just as a reminder / warning to please always double check whatever prescription you may get and not assume that what you were prescribed is what in fact was given as mistakes happen for humans and animals

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for writing Jessica! Yes, this is a great warning and an important reminder that all prescription drugs like NSAIDs have unintended (and potentially fatal) side effects.

Jessica, awe-some job being the quarterback on Nala's vet care team. Keep up the excellent work!??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom