• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Medicating a cat

CaseyJ

VIP Member
Registered
Hi everyone
I posted a few weeks ago about my cat, Star, who was recently diagnosed with mammary cancer. Dr. Jeff recommended I give her Pet Fraction (a liquid) and Vitamin C (a powder). She won't eat her food if I mix the supplements into it so I have been squirting the Pet Fraction into her mouth with the dropper - which she HATES - LOL. I am trying to figure out a tolerable way to get the Pet Fraction and Vitamin C into her... I am thinking about mixing the Vitamin C with water and administering it into her mouth with a syringe... Would that work? And could I also mix the pet fraction with the Vitamin C+ water and give one squirt of the whole mixture orally twice/day?
Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the remedies into her? Thanks in advance,
Casey

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, splendid idea Casey!

Mix the vit C with the Pet Fraction and give together.

Amino B Plex from Rx Vitamins is very tasty for some kitties and can also be used to mix in meds.

Another thing to try is little dollops of whipped cream, which many cats like. If she does scarf it up, you can try adding a few drops of the Pet Fraction to it.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yw Casey!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom