• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mast Cell Tumors in 16 year old male cat

DonnaD

All-Access Member
Registered
My cat Baby is a neutered male orange tabby who is 16 years old. He was 11 pounds about three months ago but has lost a significant amount of weight in the last month. You can feel all is bones. Baby was diagnosed with one mast cell tumor back on June 5, 2020. This happened two days after losing my cat Sammy suddenly which was very traumatic for me! I don't really notice anything that makes his condition worse or better? In the last month Baby's mast cell tumors are spreading and the original one has tripled in size. They are oozing and they smell very bad. Back in June when they diagnosed him he had several test. They did do a biopsy and blood work. He was also diagnosed with mild cardiomyopathy. We had opt out of surgery because of age and his mild cardiomyopathy. We decided to treat him holistically. He is presently taking pepcid, cerenia, The oncologist put him on clavamox because of the oozing and smell from the tumors. It seems to be helping a little. They also wanted me try an appetite stimulant because he's starting to fuss with his eating. He starts to eat like he's starving and then he stops. I feed him wet Weruva and also wet baby food the oncologist recommended. They also want him to start taking Palladia but I'm very undecided on this drug. The oncologist said it could shrink his tumors since they are becoming so aggressive. I'm trying to improve his quality of life for as long as I can. He seems to be declining due to his rapid weight loss and his picky eating. I forgot to mention I'm also giving him a product called immune support which has medicinal mushrooms in it which is suppose to be good for cancer in animals. I'm very torn on whether or not to give him Palladia. Its been almost two weeks since she suggested it and I haven't started it yet. I have never vaccinated Baby. I don't believe in Vaccinating animals. Baby overall is a good cat. He can be somewhat aggressive with some of my cats but now that he is sick he doesn't bother any of them. He basically eats a little and goes back to bed. That's all he is doing now. He also has been having a problem with constipation. I'm giving him Miralax but it seemed to stop working on him? Not sure if this is related to the tumors? I'm looking for guidance on this journey with my cat Baby.

Last edited:

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Donna.

I bet it's quite a low dose of mushroom in the Immune Support. Why don't you try a high (cat) dose of just reishi? It's supposed to be the most powerful anti-cancer one, and effective in animals! It's very possible to reverse cancer with natural treatments! I would try a few natural protocols along with homeopathy before going down the pharmaceutical route. What about (high-cat-dose) curcumin and (low-cat-dose) resveratrol? Cancer also is supposed to have a lot to do with defective cell membranes (see Budwig protocol) and fish oil can seemingly help with that.

Also, check out Transfer Factors - there's lots of testimonials out there about these helping heal lots of immune disorders (of which cancer is one).

Also, things like grounding (if he doesn't already go outside), near-infrared and PEMF are definitely worth a look.

Having a natural diet seems crucial, though - you hear loads of stories of all kinds of conditions being drastically improved by switching from processed commercial food to raw. I personally give my cats boiled chicken and salmon with lots of the cooking juice.

Definitely no need to despair! So much you can do to restore wellness!

Last edited:

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Btw, to give any natural treatment, and his innate healing process, the best chance of working, I'd ditch drugs. They generally make things worse in the medium- to long-term. Instead of the antibiotics, what about garlic/ginger/honey/turmeric/colloidal silver? These things work with the body, not against it.

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Also, if he is really eating very little, you could push some little balls of juicy mushed-up cod or salmon down his throat. (Could even mix in a pinch of high-strength reishi extract powder.)

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Correction: for cancer, high-dose resveratrol, not low-, seems to be more effective - it destroys cancer cells.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom