• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Low white counts...can be normal for my dog?

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
Hello! I have a gray Saluki whose bloodwork we have been tracking for a couple of years. Her white count is consistently low but her BEAM is great. My vet thinks it could be her normal. I have had her on Chinese herbal blend Concentrated Wei Qu Booster since the all with only a moderate change in WBC count. She is on a super low dose because y vet underbosses Salukis due to their potential sensitivities but I am wondering if the dose is too low. One of her brothers has that autoimmune poly arthritis (cannot remember the correct term), but that was brought on at a young age when heavily dosed with steroids after a spider bite, so pretty sure there is no link to immune system stuff. I also did not know if there was a connection to the gray color (genetically she is black with grizzle, self red and sable; it expresses as gray/agouti. Nothing to do with gene for merle, etc).

She is potentially to be bred in the fall; my vet feels no risk.

Wasn't sure if any of the vets in here had seen bloodwork like this on normal dog or have any ideas. I don't want to "fix what ain't broke", but do want to be aware and proactive.
I will attach bloodwork results in comments, having trouble finding it to upload now.

Thank you! Cassandra

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
Unable to post the bloodwork...have tried PDF and regular file...not sure what format it needs to be in?

Attachments

• Soleil.Labs2023.pdf
    156.7 KB · Views: 2

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, the bloods are showing and look fine to me. The low white count and higher red count are probably her norm. but just keep monitoring and trending (and following BEAM!).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Cassandra!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom