• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Low Rider - Lymphoma

NanW

Registered
A recent cytology report for our senior kitty, Low Rider, came back a lymphoma diagnosis. We’re a small rescue of 12 now having transitioned two of our other beloved kitties with lymphoma in 9 months. The first kitty was misdiagnosed as renal disease. From what we’ve read the prognosis with chemo/radiation isn’t a treatment plan we want to put Low Rider through. I have very little knowledge of holistic treatment of cancer but want to provide him with a good strategy towards supporting him on his journey however long, through healing, or short it may be. I thought the experience and wisdom of our forum would be a good starting point.
Low Rider was a semi-feral kitty in my feeding colony who 6 years ago had what appeared to be a possible stroke. With some obvious Maine Coon genes, he blossomed into a very sociable, affectionate and good-natured, gentle kitty in a short period of time He’s had another possible TIA within the past year shortly after the passing of his bonded friend. Nevertheless even with an unsteady gait he has remained surprisingly active, moving all around the house, and up and down on the sofa. He’s had a chronic sinus issue since coming to live with us and has been receiving NAET, allergy testing and clearing which hasn’t seemed to alleviate symptoms. I haven’t rec’d his emailed labs yet but creatinine is 2.2, BUN 53.
About a month ago we noticed a bump on his forehead above his sinus area which since then has been steadily growing larger. Even with last weeks lymphoma diagnosis he’s still active, has a great appetite, is as sociable as ever and isn’t showing outward signs of distress. I greatly appreciate having the opportunity to learn from the members here and go the extra mile for my loving companions.

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom