• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lola the therapy/comfort dog

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
My question would be for her arthritis in her back should I order Trixsen or Glycoflex?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
That would be a "yes". They are different. Glycoflex is mainly supplemental nutriceuticals - items that can be found in foods. Not bad, but a little less "essential" than Trixsyn or JointFlex, which are both straight hyaluronic acid - the actual compound that makes up the joint cushioning, and similar to the Adequan injections. Were it I - which it is - I would be emphasizing the feeding of the cartilaginous and "jointy" bits - lots of smaller bone assemblies. I would use various supplements such as the JointFlex - I also give collagen protein powder from Step Above Proteins - seems to help rapidly, and dogs love it. Also, Connectin wafers, from InClover, just to cover a few bases. And don't forget a source of Omega 3s, such as fish body oil.
Keep up the chiropractic care; the more she is adjusted, the stronger the proper alignment becomes.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
That would be a "yes". They are different. Glycoflex is mainly supplemental nutriceuticals - items that can be found in foods. Not bad, but a little less "essential" than Trixsyn or JointFlex, which are both straight hyaluronic acid - the actual compound that makes up the joint cushioning, and similar to the Adequan injections. Were it I - which it is - I would be emphasizing the feeding of the cartilaginous and "jointy" bits - lots of smaller bone assemblies. I would use various supplements such as the JointFlex - I also give collagen protein powder from Step Above Proteins - seems to help rapidly, and dogs love it. Also, Connectin wafers, from InClover, just to cover a few bases. And don't forget a source of Omega 3s, such as fish body oil.
Keep up the chiropractic care; the more she is adjusted, the stronger the proper alignment becomes.
Actually the vet suggested we try acupuncture next.? I do appreciate all of your suggestions and for always answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Huh? What? I'll hazard a guess....Yes to acupuncture, generally. I have always had good to great results with it. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. It doesn't "fix" anything, the way chiro does, but it strengthens the organic pathways that are the language of Chinese medicine. My boy gets both at once, a total workover wherever it is necessary. Both are best thought of as ongoing maintenance, to keep her functioning as well as can be. The same is true of us - fancy that!

And, oh, yeah, the Adequan... Expensive, but often very effective b/c it goes right in at the source. Good where there is already visible deterioration. OTOH, the body is really good at putting those oral supplements right where they are most needed, too. You might consider a few weeks of Adequan, and then change to a daily oral formula and see how she does. The Adequan is generally given in the nearest big muscle - I can't guess where the vet will choose for her. If it goes in the butt muscles, you can do these shots yourself if your vet approves. The fluid, just as with the oral stuff, goes right to the trouble spots.

Last edited:

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Huh? What? I'll hazard a guess....Yes to acupuncture, generally. I have always had good to great results with it. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. It doesn't "fix" anything, the way chiro does, but it strengthens the organic pathways that are the language of Chinese medicine. My boy gets both at once, a total workover wherever it is necessary. Both are best thought of as ongoing maintenance, to keep her functioning as well as can be. The same is true of us - fancy that!

And, oh, yeah, the Adequan... Expensive, but often very effective b/c it goes right in at the source. Good where there is already visible deterioration. OTOH, the body is really good at putting those oral supplements right where they are most needed, too. You might consider a few weeks of Adequan, and then change to a daily oral formula and see how she does. The Adequan is generally given in the nearest big muscle - I can't guess where the vet will choose for her. If it goes in the butt muscles, you can do these shots yourself if your vet approves. The fluid, just as with the oral stuff, goes right to the trouble spots.
Thanks

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom