• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lola the therapy/comfort dog

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, Judy this is awe-some! Lola is one lucky pup to live with you and to get to share her happy self with the kids (or anyone).

This is a fantastic way to share her love. Thank you for doing it. ? ?:dog2:

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I am getting concerned about Lola recently. She seems to get winded doing nothing. In this video she is sitting in the vehicle and it’s nice and cool. Ugh once again the video is too long but it’s only 8 seconds!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How is her BEAM otherwise Judy?

Is she limiting her own activity in any way like taking shorter walks, fewer fetches, etc.?

Any coughing or other respiratory symptoms?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
How is her BEAM otherwise Judy?

Is she limiting her own activity in any way like taking shorter walks, fewer fetches, etc.?

Any coughing or other respiratory symptoms?
She goes to work w me everyday but even some of the cops ask her if she just ran a marathon? No coughing. She hesitates a bit jumping in the car and I mean the floor of back seat not the way back which is too high for her. Who can I send the video to?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Lola had a chest X-ray and looks good as well as her bloodwork. I really think she has pain either in her neck or back causing her to pant. I’ll try cbd? Arnica? Should she go for chiropractic adjustment? PT with water treadmill?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Chiro would be at the top of my list. If she needs adjustment, then other sorts of therapy such as massage, acupuncture, swimming, etc. will help maintain alignment once achieved.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Chiro would be at the top of my list. If she needs adjustment, then other sorts of therapy such as massage, acupuncture, swimming, etc. will help maintain alignment once achieved.
Thanks

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff do you recommend anyone for chiro and might need referral for insurance?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
OK, but I'm no expert at radiographs. That said, I don't see anything terrible going on in the vertebrae, at least thoracics. It looks murkier to me in the T-L transition; wish we could see a bit further down. This is the area where my girl dog fell apart, causing paralysis and an early demise, so I'm wary. OK, now perhaps the "real" guys will jump in with a response, and we can all learn more.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
OK, but I'm no expert at radiographs. That said, I don't see anything terrible going on in the vertebrae, at least thoracics. It looks murkier to me in the T-L transition; wish we could see a bit further down. This is the area where my girl dog fell apart, causing paralysis and an early demise, so I'm wary. OK, now perhaps the "real" guys will jump in with a response, and we can all learn more.
Yes that would be nice.Thank u

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
She did have a chiro appt with Dr Karmen Couret and needed several adjustments. Feeling better and going back next week

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom