• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lion's Jaw Dis-ease

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi everyone - I volunteer at our local no kill called Abandoned Pet Rescue. A 5-mo old pup named Whiskey was diagnosed with Lion's Jaw disease. Here's the post to fill everyone in on what I know thus far: "Whiskey has abnormal bone growth in his jaw making it wider and thicker than normal, which is a rare diagnosis in puppies. This disorder called Lions Jaw (Craniomandibular Osteopathy) develops in puppies 3-8months old and the full extent of the bone growth is determined by a year of age. The bone growth may go away on its own, but in some cases becomes more severe. Whiskey, a 5month old Corgi/Chihuahua mix, is looking for a home that understands the possible risks of Lions Jaw, and is willing to foster-to-adopt Whisky while we monitor his development."

If homeopathy can cure Whiskey, I'd like to try, working with Dr. Jeff, Dr. Christina and this community. It will be interesting, as don't know how many cases of Lion's Jaw comes through the forum. And, if we can do some good for Whiskey and give him a better life, that would be the ultimate amazing.

I've asked the Exec Dir of the shelter if I can do this for Whiskey and am waiting to hear back. If yes, I'll gather as much info about his symptoms and personality, etc etc as I can and put it into a google sheet. From there, would love Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina to weigh in.

Here's a pic of Whiskey. He's a cutie pie!

Jody

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.54.05 PM.png

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I know, @ChristineL, right? Such a cutie. The shelter director also works in their medical bay with the vet and the rest of the time no vet is there and she is great and a conventional medicine person. So I'm not sure if she will allow me to do this. She said she'll ask their vet and we all know what that means.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I know, @ChristineL, right? Such a cutie. The shelter director also works in their medical bay with the vet and the rest of the time no vet is there and she is great and a conventional medicine person. So I'm not sure if she will allow me to do this. She said she'll ask their vet and we all know what that means.
Just look at those eyes! My goodness!!!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom