• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Large lump on knee size of tennis ball

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I have a new problem with my Gabby, 14 Y/o always happy, loves to walk and play, eats well, well behaved, spayed Shar Pei, rescued. In January she was diagnosed with Protein Losing Enteropathy, low albumin and low protein. I was advised to feed a low fat cooked diet which I have done since January.The blood numbers are just shy of normal by about a tenth of a point per the August bloodwork. She has done well. I will post questions about where to go from here in a different post with regard to diet but for now I have a concerning problem with her right knee which has a very large movable lump that seems to have grown in the past month per my guess. She has other lipomas that were checked a few years ago and have not gotten larger. Backing up a bit, On August 12th I took her and she got acupuncture. The vet put needles in her knee (that knee) and she said she was doing acupuncture in her stomach because I told her that she vomited once in four months. I did not think she needed to do anything about this. She had eaten the other dogs raw food and I believe she vomited because of that. Anyway, I would think if the lump was there on Aug 12th wouldn't the vet have seen it and not put a needle in it? Fast forward to Sept 1st, a few weeks later and I took Gabby to her conventional vet who did the needle cytology and found fat cells but some blood (cells?). He said that we should watch it and it "could" be something else but he thinks it is a lipoma. So I noticed this a couple weeks after the acupuncture (my dogs , neither one has responded well to this vet's acupuncture--- JJ splayed and sagged after she did it on this same date but thankfully we found a certified vet who seemed to "correct" it for the most part) Both dogs would also limp on their front legs after her chiropractic and acupunture) So my question is this: Could the acupuncture have blocked some energy or congested her to produce this lump . I am especially wondering about the treatment to the stomach and if it would change the fat metabolism. Gabby eats a low fat diet. She DOES eat 2 eggs a day (only 1 yolk thought) with a bit of coconut oil. She has to eat low fat due to her Protein Losing ENteropathy. So I may take Gabby in to ask for another look and measurement of the lump. It DID seem to grow more. Maybe I should ask him to send the sample out. What can I do to reduce this. I may try the frankensense oil which made JJ's sarcoma disappear. I read that walking her would help. She walks daily but not as long as before thanks to mom's achy joints. I read that it is from toxin buildup too, so I am giving her more milk thistle. What can I do and btw, not having this vet do any more body work on the dogs. I am almost certain we are going to be ending that relationship for a number of reasons. But thanks for any thoughts on the acupuncture connection, diet connection or what I can do . I WAS reading that homeopathy was not real effective with these . I do hope it is "only " a lipoma but I hope it does not affect her mobility. Thank you for your thoughts when you are able.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for pointing out this post Aruna!

Sorry Lil that you have not received a response yet but Gabby's acupuncture story has been discussed in another thread (and by us on the phone). This is the primary question that I can see in your message:

What can I do
You're already giving her super support in addition to curative treatment. These are the main things to do.

BTW-Have you looked into or started Pent Genesis:

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff GABBY"S issue was NOT discussed in another post OR on the phone. Because it did not occur to me until this past weekend regarding the timing of its onset. This is my first post about Gabby's lump. The phone call discussed suggestions for glandulars and how to get the vitamin D testing done. Perhaps refer to your notes. My post was not about the vet, who should not be practicing if doing this kind of harm to dogs. I did not make that the focus of my post on Gabby, you did, with all due respect. But thank you for your generous reply.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff I read the indications for the Deer Velvet Penta Genesis. I saw nothing about lipomas in the testimonials or in the "about" section. Perhaps it would help JJ who DOES have severe mobility issues and renal issues, but not Gabby. Has anyone had success with acupuncture shrinking a lipoma? I am going to investigate that with the new certified acupuncturist that helped JJ. I read in Dr. Marty Goldstein's book about using L carnitine, a chinese herb called Chi-ko-Curcuma (which I just happened to have from another dog Dr. Marty worked with many years ago) and B6 may be added if the pet fails to respond to the lipoma shrinking. I found this link below particularly helpful. I know lipomas are very common and if any members have had any success with anything please post. For those who have not followed my other dog JJ, I used frankensense oil mixed with coconut on his sarcoma and it is gone. I will try that on Gabby as well. I will see my NEW certified holistic vet thursday who has reversed JJ's sudden sagging and splaying, just like that. I am impressed with her knowledge and experience and will ask her to see what she can do with Gabby to OPEN up her channels and relieve any congestion causing the sudden appearance of the lipoma. Here is the link I am studying now. I found the accupressure to get things moving something that I could see working very well. Making an effort to walk her more to help her metabolism also. So these are the things I will be trying and thought I would share but would welcome anyone with ideas that have worked on their dogs.

ChristineCu

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff I read the indications for the Deer Velvet Penta Genesis. I saw nothing about lipomas in the testimonials or in the "about" section. Perhaps it would help JJ who DOES have severe mobility issues and renal issues, but not Gabby. Has anyone had success with acupuncture shrinking a lipoma? I am going to investigate that with the new certified acupuncturist that helped JJ. I read in Dr. Marty Goldstein's book about using L carnitine, a chinese herb called Chi-ko-Curcuma (which I just happened to have from another dog Dr. Marty worked with many years ago) and B6 may be added if the pet fails to respond to the lipoma shrinking. I found this link below particularly helpful. I know lipomas are very common and if any members have had any success with anything please post. For those who have not followed my other dog JJ, I used frankensense oil mixed with coconut on his sarcoma and it is gone. I will try that on Gabby as well. I will see my NEW certified holistic vet thursday who has reversed JJ's sudden sagging and splaying, just like that. I am impressed with her knowledge and experience and will ask her to see what she can do with Gabby to OPEN up her channels and relieve any congestion causing the sudden appearance of the lipoma. Here is the link I am studying now. I found the accupressure to get things moving something that I could see working very well. Making an effort to walk her more to help her metabolism also. So these are the things I will be trying and thought I would share but would welcome anyone with ideas that have worked on their dogs.
I see that you treated your dog's sarcoma with frankensense oil and coconut. Did you
treat him with anything else? My dog just had a lump removed last week, he has grade 3 sarcoma. I was wondering if you tried anything else as well. Thank you, Christine

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Christine!

Both of those are great supportive supplements but Gabby's likely lipoma (a benign fatty tumor) is very different than a high grade firm and immovable sarcoma.

The pathology report should note if there are likely to be any cells from it remaining. Perhaps post the biopsy report on the forum.

Once you see a vet oncologist, also please post more about your decision-making.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@ChristineL @ChristineDG I hope I tagged the right Christine..... The Christine I was responding to was ChristineCU but that did not pop up from the drop down choices. So I am responding to your question about my use of frankensense on my dog's sarcoma.. I am truly sorry for the delayed response. My internet is out more than it is on and I had not seen your question. Please forgive me!! So I see Dr. Jeff referenced my dogs in his answer to you but he mixed up the situations and details. Firstly, I have two dogs. My dog JJ DID HAVE A SARCOMA through cytology testing. Gabby has a fatty tumor the size of a tennis ball. So, Christine, YES I did use Frankensense on the dog with the nonmovable, sarcoma on his interthoracic region a couple times a day. I rubbed it in for about 2 minutes per session. I did not use it alone--I did use the carrier oil About 6 drops with organic coconut oil (melted). I used a good quality frankensense oil from France that I get from Healthy Traditions. I tried this on my own but later a holistic vet from NY that I consult with ALSO suggested this very thing. I have used frankensense on myself with great success with things like rashes. JJ's sarcoma is completely gone. My OTHER dog Gabby has the lipomas. I did not yet try this on her but I plan to. So that was my experience with a sarcoma. I learned about the power of frankensense from The Truth About Cancer. So many healing stories with frankensense. Anyway that was my own holistic action, later blessed by another holistic vet:)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom