• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Large Feline Nasal Tumor

• Thread starter robgreger@gmail_com
  • Start date
R

robgreger@gmail_com

Our cat was just diagnosed with a nasal tumor. He has a soft spot on his head and bouts of uncontrollable sneezing. He is on 10 mg prednisone daily and has a terminal prognosis. He has had sinus issues for two years so the vet ruled out tumor thinking he’d have presented a long time ago. I had been giving him famciclovir and lysine to help treat FHV and it seemed to be helping with his sinus issues until now.

What natural remedies can we try (turmeric?) or is it too late?

R

robgreger@gmail_com

He is 17 years old but we’d like to keep him around a while longer.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Rob-

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your 17 year young kitty.

There are lots of supportive natural and holistic options like turmeric, ApoCaps, Onco Support, OncoPlex, etc. but ideally you'd be working with a vet homeopath familiar with these holistic options in addition to the conventional diagnostics and treatments.

Holistic and natural ≠ homeopathic.

Homeopathy is a very specific subset of holistic and natural treatments that would be very helpful for your kitty's quality (and length) of life.

Regardless, have you consulted an oncologist about conventional options?

For example, they would be able to tell you if this cancer is one of those which might be amenable to radiation therapy.

That being said,  I wonder what you are feeding?

And whether you are also working on building his vitality?

To learn more about what I mean when I say that, you could definitely start with the Holistic Essentials intro. course. You can access it by clicking on the My Courses submenu under member resources.

You can also just <a href="https://www.holisticactions.com/courses/introduction-to-holistic-actions/">click/tap here</a> to get started.

Also, take a look at Amy's forum thread about Wilhelm to see some of the details that would be useful to answer your questions.

Feel free to post any or all info in this forum thread.

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Rob-

Any further updates on your kitty?

Do you want our help in researching options and deciding what to do next?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom