• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Introduce myself

LoriW

All-Access Member
Registered
My name is Lori Weiner and I own a large Pet Hotel in Palm Desert CA. along with a 501c3 dog rescue. I am interested in natural healing and not drugs. I am glad I found this site as we have no holistic vets where I live and need help with our animals and rescues

LoriW

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello, today I had a situation with my bull terrier. Had to take her to the vet as she was sick. Breath smelled like urine, drinking a ton of water, lethargic and not herself. I had to leave her 2 nights at vet so they could flush her kidneys out. They want to put her on a different diet to bind the phosphate. Since I had rescued her, she has been on a good raw diet with rotation between protein sources, organ meat. She mentioned Hills and I refused. They had asked me if she had possibly have gotten into something for the elevated numbers. Bun was 7180 and creatinine was 10.3, phos 15

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Lori. Thanks so much for introducing yourself. How exciting that you get to play with lots of pets and their parents.

It's wonderful to see you here, :)but I'm sorry about your pup's renal challenges. :(

Her varied, raw diet sounds fine to me. You'll just need to give it along with a phosphorus binder like Epakitin or Phos Bind based on her phosphorus levels after IV fluids.

I have lots more to say about this important topic, and I'm glad that we're speaking soon. I also have one request.

For you to start a kidney disease thread in the medical challenges folder so others who have pets can find and browse it more readily.

Also, as a 501c3 you get a 50% discount on monthly or annual membership.

One last question that we can discuss in your new thread, is that I wonder how she's been for the past few weeks/months? Especially her BEAM.

I look forward to interacting more about your pup over in the other folder.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom